Anthem

Yn's POV

"Hey, Yn. Are you heading somewhere" Antonio asked me. "Yes. Well, no. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and because of that, Will doesn't want me working. He said he wanted to check on me without adding the stress of being a police officer to my day. And because Will just so happens to be the older brother of my adoring boyfriend, there was no getting around that" I say. "I love you too, Yn" Jay said from his desk. "No. Don't leave me" Adam said.

"Adam, relax. I'm only going to be gone for one case. I'll be back right after that" I say. "But this means I have to work with Kevin" Adam said. "Dude! I'm right here" Kevin said. "You also work with Kevin on a daily basis" I point out. "Yeah, but you're my girl" Adam said. "Correction. She's my girl" Jay clarified. "You know what I mean man" Adam said. "All right, well, I'm going to get going" I say. "Bye Yn" Hailey said and waved to me as I left the bullpen.

The next afternoon, I headed down to the doctor's office for my checkup. "Hey, Yn. How are you" Will asked me. "Oh, you know, the usual" I say. "You're not going to be like my brother and lie about the pain you're in, are you" he asked. "Uh, no" I say. "All right, I'm going to need you to take your shirt off" Will said. "Whatever. You're not the first doctor to see me half naked" I say and take my shirt off. 

"Can you raise your arms for me" Will asked. I raised my arms above my head and held them up straight. "Does doing that hurt you" he asked. "Nope" I say. "What about if you bring your arms down and twist your body to the side a bit" Will suggested. I brought my arms down and twisted my body to the side, which resulted in no pain. "No pain" I say. "Can you lay down for me" Will asked. "Sure" I say and lay down on the exam bed. Will then pressed his hands right down on my scar, and I winced in pain. "I'm assuming that hurt" Will said. "Well, you didn't have to press so hard" I retort.

"Well, other than your scar area hurting, which is expected with GSW patients, you seem pretty good" Will said. "Best news I've heard all week" I say and throw my shirt back on. "So, how are things between you and Jay" Will asked me. "Good. Great. I'm really glad we got back together" I say. "I don't know if I've ever told you this or not, but Jay being with you, I really think it's good for him. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time" Will said. "Really? What about when he was with Erin" I ask. "I mean, he was sort of happy, but being with you is different" Will said. "Well, I'm glad. I really like being with him" I say. "All right, since everything checks out, you're free to go" Will said. "Great. I'll talk to you later" I tell Will.

That night, when Jay came home, I was sitting with Chief watching some TV. "Hey, babe. How was your day? How was the doctor's appointment" Jay asked. "Good. Will cleared me. Your dinner is in the microwave" I say as Jay planted a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you" he said and headed towards the kitchen. "Hey, what genre of movie do you want to watch tonight" I ask. "Whatever you want is fine babe" he called out from the kitchen. "Comedy it is then" I say.