Rabbit Hole

Yn's POV

"I'll go get him" I say to Voight before closing the district between Adam and I. "Yn I-" I cut Adam off. "Don't say anything to me. I'm not who you should be apologizing to" I say and hold out my hand. Adam sighed and took my hand, allowing me to lead him towards Voight. "Sarge" Adam said. "Stop. You don't get to play this one" Voight said. "I swear to you, I didn't have a-" "Have a what? A choice" Voight asked. "It was my family. My kid sister. They were going to take her son" Adam said. "I know what he's got on you. There's nothing I can do about that. What did you give Woods" Voight asked. 

"Nothing. I swear to you. I tried to give him a BS video of Halstead in a fight" Adam said. "So, what? You were going to throw Jay under the bus when all he was trying to do was find the guy who shot me" I ask. "He didn't take it, Yn. He didn't even care about it. He wanted more. So the money at the crime scene, the 20K, that was him. It was me. But I didn't give him the tape" Adam said. "The way I see it, you've got two choices. Serve me up to Woods, or you can help me take him out" Voight said. "Sarge, I am with you. I've always been with you" Adam said. For a second, all of us were silent. "Is that it? Are we good" Adam asked. "I didn't say that" Voight said and headed back towards his car. "Yn" Adam said. "I'd rather not talk to you at the moment" I say and walk away.

The next morning, I was called down to a crime scene, one that Jay had called in. "Hey. What's going on" Voight asked. "Female victim. Two GSWs" Jay said. "No, Jay. What's going on, meaning, what the hell are you doing here" Voight asked. "All right, so I was here, working a CI" Jay said. "What CI?" "Camila Vega, from the Veil Club" he said. "The girl from the kidnapping case? Luis' sister? The guy involved with the man who shot me" I ask. Jay nodded. "Is she on paper" Voight asked. "No" Jay replied. "Was the victim at the party?" "Yeah, I believe so" Jay said. "You believe so. You've been drinking. Anything else" Voight asked. "Just drinking" he said. "Okay, go back to the office. Don't talk to anyone. Write up your IPR" Voight said and walked away.

"Hey. Why'd you come to a party for a CI? That's not really your scene" I say. "Well, when you didn't come back to my place last night, I figured I'd at least do something useful with my time. Speaking of, where were you last night" Jay asked. "I was just out taking a drive" I lie. "All right. I'll meet you back at the district" Jay said.

Jay talked to his CI Camila, and he found out that her name was Maggie. Adam and Kevin then went to speak to the medical examiner about Maggie's body, and they found that she had a glow in the dark club stamp for a place called Echo on her top of her hand. "I talked to the bouncer from Club Echo. He says Maggie comes in all the time. He remembers because he's always yelling at her. Girl's a hundred pounds. Walks to the dank-ass club through the filthy-ass hood solo. These are his words. Now, I couldn't get her leaving, but I did get her arriving. It's a little weird. This is her walking up to the club. Tracked her backwards from there, to where she got out of the cab. Now the cabby says she got on the Wilson red line" Adam said. 

"There's an 'L' stop a block away from Echo. Why get off early and take a cab" Antonio asked. "Yeah, the 'L' camera shows she got on at the Jackson stop. She had to walk a mile to get to Jackson" Adam said. "It's like she didn't want someone knowing where she was going" Voight said. "So I used the traffic PODs and followed her backwards from the Jackson stop. It looks like her night started right here. This is an apartment building on Wells Street" Adam said. "All right. Upton, Antonio, check it out" Voight said.

............................................

"Maggie's real name was Ella Porter. She grew up in Chicago and joined the DEA two years ago" Antonio said. "Yeah, and based on the information we have, it looks like she was trying to ID the distributor supplying cocaine to these five clubs. Her main target is this guy, Alex. He's the manager of Club Echo. Low-level dealer. He sends Ella a text last night at 12:30. 'I'll get you the intro you want. Meet me at Echo. We'll go from there'" Kim read. "For now, we're assuming that intro was with Alex's source, the distributor" Antonio said.