Brother's Keeper

Yn's POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my face, and I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. That's when the alarm went off, and Jay shifted in bed beside me to turn it off. As soon as he returned to his previous position, I turned around and buried my face into his chest. Jay then draped his arm over me, and for a minute or so, we just laid in bed together. However, it was soon time to get ready for work. I sat up in bed, pushing my hair out of my face, and yawned.

"I'll go get the coffee started" Jay said and climbed out of bed.

"Thanks" I say and stretch my arms above my head.

Once I had gotten out of bed, I quickly showered, brushed my teeth and hair, etc., and now it was time to pick out my outfit for the day. I decided on a white t-shirt, a black cotton zip up, and blue jeans along with my sneakers. When I entered the kitchen, Jay was filling up two to-go cups with coffee.

"You are the best" I say as Jay handed me a cup.

"Only for you. Voight called, and we've got a new case, so we'll be stopping by the crime scene before we head to the district" Jay said.

"Of course we are. There's never a boring day in Intelligence" I say.

"You've got that right. You ready to go" Jay asked me.

"Yeah. Lets get out of here" I say.

.........................................

"All right, we're running point on this now, so what do we got" Voight asked.

"The victim's name is Nikolay Lukov. He had just opened the place up. He was tallying receipts in here when a couple guys came in and they robbed him" Jay explained. 

"And like the previous robberies in the area, the offenders fled in a silver SUV with patches on the side" Kevin added. 

"It looks like they've gone from hitting residences to hitting restaurants now" Hailey said. 

"How much did they get" Voight asked. 

"The owner said there was about 14 grand being prepared for deposit" Kim answered. 

"Any witnesses" Voight questioned. 

"No other employees were here, but we do have the owner's son. 17 years old. His name is Peter. He actually flagged us down. He said when he walked up, the offenders fled and he did catch a glimpse of one of them when they took their ski mask off. Described him as male, white, 30s" Kevin informed us. 

"All right, did we bag his hands, do a GSR test" Voight asked. 

"Yep. It came back clean" Adam replied. 

"All right, so let's canvass the neighborhood for witnesses. Grab POD footage, and check all suspicious persons in service clothes too. Maybe somebody saw the offenders casing the place" Voight spoke.

Back at the district, we started digging for anything we could find to see who had robbed the restaurant. While digging, I ran out of coffee, so I headed into the break room to get some more. As a new pot of coffee was brewing, Kevin walked inside. 

"I swear that you and Adam are the same exact person" Kevin told me.

"Um, care to explain" I query.

"Both you and Adam have an obsession with coffee. That's your second cup in the last 2 hours" Kevin said.

"Coffee isn't an obsession. It's a hobby" I explain and pour some into my mug.

"That makes no sense" Kevin said.

"Yeah, to you" I say and pat his shoulder before exiting the break room.