Hit Me

Yn's POV

"Well look at that. If it isn't Detective Chuckles and Detective Bombshell" Platt said. "I'm sorry. What" I ask. "Oh. I'm Detective Chuckles" Jay said. "Yeah. Okay. That doesn't clear anything up" I say. "I call Halstead Chuckles. Your nickname is now Bombshell" Platt said. "Why" I ask. "Mainly because you are probably the most attractive women in this district besides me. Don't tell Burgess or Lindsay I said that" Platt said. "Thanks I guess" I say. "And also because you were hit with shrapnel in that marathon bombing a while back" Platt said. "I take back what I said. We'll talk later Sergeant" I say and head upstairs with Jay at my side.

Upstairs, I saw Adam sitting at his desk, and I walked over to him. "Here's the deal, Adam. I get that you're upset because Kim broke off your engagement. However, I'm not going to let you sit around and mope this whole case. As soon as this case is over, you and I are going to Molly's and we are going to have fun. The first few rounds are on me. Sound like a plan" I ask. "Sure. That sounds great" Adam said. 

"Okay. Clayton 'Bug' Howard. He lives in Calumet Park. He's got robbery, armed robbery, strong-arm robbery, and aggravated robbery" Mouse said. "I'll see if Kristy IDs him" Erin said. "All right, loop in our guy at the casino. Anyone shady he flagged the past two months. We need to ID the spotter" Antonio said. "Is this the casino case" I ask. "Yeah" Antonio said. "All right. I'll get caught up" I say and sit down at my desk.

After getting caught up, I found that we had a man, Gerard Garner, in the interview room. He was pretending to be a police officer, and by doing so, he was able to steal money from women leaving the casino by using his authority. Garner said he was given a badge by Howard, who Kristy ID'd as her attacker. The badge belonged to a Sam Mularz, a white police officer, who Jay and Erin were currently going to talk to.

"Clayton Howard. Ran two of ours off the road, then ditched his squad. We're sitting on his apartment, but he knows it's burned" Voight said. "Investigative alert's out. They're running a grid search" Al said. "Every copper in Chicago's got his photo right now. He better hide" Antonio said. "The prints on the car are being processed. It's CPD issue. Registered to the 33rd district. The other's to the 32nd" Adam said. "How do you steal two squads from two different districts" I ask. "Well, how about you do me a little favor and find out" Voight asked. "I'm on it" I say. "Sergeant, that was the casino. I think they found our spotter" Mouse said. "Ruzek, Atwater, get on that" Voight said.

................................................

"So I ran the spotter through Faces of the Nation. Now, what came back is Franklin Haynes. He did two stints for armed robbery. LKA puts him in Bucktown" Mouse said and showed Jay, Kevin, and I a picture. "Known associates?" Jay asked. "Well, none other than Mr. Clayton 'Bug' Howard" Mouse said. "Send Al and Antonio over to his place to pick him up" I tell Mouse.

Al and Antonio ended up finding Haynes' dead body in his house, so that was a dead end. "Here lies Franklin Haynes. Everything he knew about this crew died with him" Antonio said. "Yeah, we're still waiting on the ballistics, but the blood on Howard's shotgun is a match for Haynes" Jay said. "They're cleaning house. Whoever runs this crew knows we're closing in" Erin said. "And Officer Mularz" Voight asked. "Lawyered up. We're going through those channels to set up another interview" Erin replied. "And you've got nothing to connect him to the other guys" Voight asked. "Not yet" Erin said. "But you like him" Voight  asked. "We do" Jay said.

"All right, where are we at locating Howard" Voight asked. We all turned towards Adam, but he didn't look up from his phone. "Adam, dude, we're all waiting on you" I say. "Yeah. Sorry. We're still searching. He must've found a good hiding spot within the grid" Adam said. "The GPS units that were in the stolen squads, they're gone" Kevin said. "And that's not easy to do. It's like a Russian doll down there. It's a box inside a box inside a box" Mouse said. "So we've got nothing off the cars" Voight asked. "They were from two different districts, but both squads were sent to the same motor pond in Area South a month ago" Al said. "It could be Clayton Howard's got a hookup inside the motor pool. Halstead, Lindsay, go check it out" Voight said.

So, when Jay and Erin went to the motor shop, they found out that Howard had a female partner with him who took the identity of Sam Mularz. "I got a match on the female partner, on one Elizabeth McKenney. She's got priors. Shoplifting and resisting arrest" Mouse said. "Do you have an address" Voight asked. "Yep. Off Western" Mouse replied. "Should we send Burgess and Roman? Or is he still benched until his feelings get unhurt" Al asked. "No, he's fine. Send them" Voight said.

Sean and Kim got Howard in custody, and in return for a deal, Howard gave us the name of the person running the whole scheme. "Watts arrested both Howard and Haynes on burglary charges. Instead of pushing their cases, he put them to work" Jay said. "And our first offender" Voight asked. "They don't look connected. Watts turned out Howard, and then he must've brought in his friend" I say. "Watts was the catching detective for anything out of the casino. He could've buried anything he wanted" Antonio said. "We can't stitch up a cop on a tip from a repeat offender" Adam said. "You think I want to go after one of ours? I mean, girls got robbed and beaten. We don't know how many. We don't know who else got hurt, because the guy in charge was investigating himself" Antonio said. "We've got to play this really carefully" Voight said.

................................................

Martin Watts, he's one of ours. Suspected of armed robbery, battery, and first degree murder" Voight said to the group of cops standing in front of us. "He's been on the job 20 years. He's armed and trained, and he's not going to be happy to see us" Al said. "We believe he's barricaded in one of those RVs. We sealed off a one-block perimeter. No one comes in or out until he's in cuffs" Antonio said. "All right, SORT, you hang back until I give the signal. There's no need to spook him. IAD, you're here to observe. He's all yours once we got him. All right, I know this isn't easy, but if he makes a move, don't hesitate. Let's do it" Voight said.

We sent Platt in to negotiate with Watts, and she got the job done. Watts was now under arrest, so our case was solved. "Hey. I'm going out to Molly's with Adam tonight, so you can just head back to your place" I tel Jay. "All right. I'll see you tomorrow" Jay said and kissed me quickly before leaving the bullpen. "Hey. You ready to go" I ask Adam. "Uh, yeah. Thanks for doing this Yn" Adam said. "No problem. This is what partners are for. So, I'm thinking we start out with beers, but then move on to some whiskey. How does that sound" I ask. "That sounds great. Lets go" Adam said.