Looking Out for Stateville

Yn's POV

"So does anybody know what Little went away for" Adam asked and gestured to Voight's office where Eddie was sitting and talking with Voight. "Manslaughter. He killed Gi-Gi Dicaro, a shakedown artist from Bridgeport, right under the 35th Street red line stop. Snapped his neck" Antonio said as Adam placed a cup of coffee on my desk. "Thanks Adam" I say and take a sip from the mug.

"So are you going to let him dog you out like that about your wedding date with Burgess" Kevin asked Adam. "I could take him" Adam said. "The guy's like 6'6", 250, easy" Jay said. "You would have my back, obviously. Right" Adam asked. "Who? Me or Jay? Because I think I want to watch that fight" Kevin said causing us all to laugh. "It's just surreal, you know? The two of them, they were cell mates. Now he's just on the payroll" Jay said. "I'm sure Voight has his reasons" Erin said. "Yeah. He usually does" Al said.

"So Jay, are you ready to meet Yn's parents" Adam asked. "You're meeting the parents? That's a big step" Antonio said. "I know, but Yn thinks I'm ready" Jay said. "They are going to love you. I promise. Stop worrying" I say. "Who said that I'm worrying" Jay asked. "Dude, we can all see it on your face" Adam said. "Whatever. Can we get to the case" Jay asked. "We've got to wait for Voight to come out here" Kevin said.

.........................................

"Rory Jensen has been a CPD priority target for several years now" Voight said. "Yeah, we went after him hard when I was in Vice, but since he never laid a finger on any dope, we could never grab him" Antonio said. "Remember that big DEA bust last year? Caused a major cocaine shortage in the city? Jensen is the guy who's taking advantage of that. All right, you all know Eddie Little, our new CI. You've got the floor" Voight said.

"Well, me and Jensen go way back. I met him in juvie. I was in for GTA, he was in for rolling tourists on Rush Street. Now he owns a string of sports bars on the North Side. Sells watered-down liquor to the college kids in front; in the back he slings his real product to the local dealers" Eddie said. "Which is who we're going to hit first. See, we bust the crews that Jensen's supplying, knock the legs out from under his operation" Voight said. "If the city's dry, how's he getting his coke" Kevin asked. "He's got a connection. I mean, not Mexico, not the cartels. Ireland. He's got an old family contact. They roll it across the Canadian border" Eddie said.

"And you know all of this how" Jay asked. "I just got paroled three days ago. I guarantee you I know more about that's going down on the streets than anybody in this room" Eddie said. "Okay. First target is the Lost Disciples. Eddie has intel this little motorcycle gang is receiving a shipment of Jensen's coke tonight at their clubhouse" Voight said as Commander Crowley walked into the bullpen. "I need a word" she said to Voight. After her and Voight left, Mouse got up and taped a huge piece of paper to the white board. "So here's the blueprint for the Lost Disciples' clubhouse" he said.

Breaking into the Lost Disciples' clubhouse was pretty easy. We rigged a small explosive under the building, and when it went off, we got in and arrested everyone inside, and took the money and drugs we found. Then, after the bust, some fake FBI agent showed up to Eddie's house, and he had no choice but to use a firearm, which was against his parole, and shoot the guy.

"IAD called twice about the shooting. If Eddie was involved" Antonio said. "He was asleep at the time. So where're we at" Voight asked. "We didn't get any connection to Jensen off any of the Disciples' phones" Jay said. "We're going to kick out the next leg from Jensen's operation. That's the 25 Boys, named after caliber they like to use on the back of people's heads" I say. "I put a call in to a friend. He owes me a favor. He can confirm that they're slinging cocaine through Chinatown" Jay said. "And I'm running all known members and their relatives to see if there are any utility bills in the area, anything that would indicate where their stash house is located" Mouse said.

"All right, get word out to the tac guys that work that beat" Voight said. "I know a guy. He got paroled last year. Henry Yu" Eddie said. "Yeah? Yu, he's a heavy hitter around Cermak" Voight said. "He'll talk, but not for less than 20 grand" Eddie said. "Yeah, give him 10" Voight said. "What'd I just say? 10's not going to do it" Eddie said. "You know what a CI does, Eddie? A CI does whatever the hell I tell him to do" Voight said. "So, uh, 10 then" Jay asked. "Sign it out of the 1505 fund" Voight said. "Yes, sir" Jay replied.

Eddie got a location of the 25 Boys' clubhouse from Henry Yu, and this bust wasn't as easy as the first, but we got it done. "Okay, change of plans. We're going to take a run at Jensen" Voight said. "Based on" Erin asked. "I reached out to him. He agreed to a sit-down in one the sports bars he owns up in Wrigleyville" Eddie said. "Really? The way I remember it, you two had a falling out" Antonio said. "Well, I don't know what you remember. I ate a manslaughter wrap for the guy, and what did he do? He got rich. None of my family saw a dime. He owes me, and he knows it" Eddie said. 

"The lab already confirmed that the coke we seized off the 25 Boys is the same coke that we got off the bikers. It's 99% pure, so it's Jensen's. If we stay on course, we're going to have a case" Jay said. "Our CI's identity's been compromised; we're out of road" Voight said. "Okay, so what's the angle here" Erin asked. "I am. I go in with Eddie, play the role, we tell Jensen we get his drugs out of evidence for a cut rate" Voight said. "Okay, Sarge, we'll run backup and we'll put surveillance on the bar" Mouse said. "It's just me and Eddie on this" Voight said.

...................................................

Voight and Eddie had managed to set up a meeting with Jensen, so now, all of us were  undercover at a horse racing track. Jay walked over to the table that I was sitting at and placed a glass of water in front of me. "Thanks. I bet Sandy Bottoms to place first in the fifth" I say and place my bet tickets on the table. "Great. So we're partners, right? So if you win, then that means you have to give me half" Jay said. "You wish. This money is going towards buying a new couch for my apartment" I say. "A new couch? What's wrong with the one you have" Jay asked. "It's not comfortable anymore, especially after all the nights we've spent on it" I say. Jay laughed. "Okay. You've got a point. You can keep the money if you win" Jay said.

Not even minutes later, we emerged from undercover and captured Jensen and the rest of his men. However, Eddie then tried to escape and held Voight hostage, but we got him and arrested him. Turns out, Eddie was going to go behind our backs the whole time. He was just using us to get money so that he could leave town.

That same night, Jay and I were heading to my parents' house to have dinner. "I'm so nervous. Why am I so nervous" Jay asked. "I love your freckles" I say randomly as we got out of the car. "What" Jay asked. "Whenever someone compliments you, you stop being nervous. I love your freckles. And I love that you come over to my place some nights when I ask you last minute. You never fail to make me smile or laugh, and I think you're the best guy I've ever dated" I say. "I love you" Jay said just as we got to the front door. "What" I ask him. "I love you, Yn. You don't have to say it back if you don't want to but-" I cut Jay off by pressing my lips to his for a short, but sweet, kiss. "I love you too" I say when I pulled away.

After knocking on the door, it only took a few seconds before my mom appeared. "Hey mom" I say and give her a hug. "Yn! I'm so happy you're here" she said. "Mom, this is my boyfriend Jay" I say and gesture to him. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Ln" Jay said. "Oh, please call me Janet. It's nice to meet you too, Jay. Yn, you never said he was this handsome" my mom said. "Mom" I say, my cheeks turning red. "All right. Come on in. Dinner is almost ready" she said and let us into the house.

Almost immediately, we ran into my dad, who gave me a hug and shook Jay's hand. "It's good to finally meet you. Call me Arthur" my dad said. "Dad, don't you have a dinner to cook" I ask before he could embarrass me. "Right. We'll talk later" my dad said and headed back into the kitchen. "Look what I found. Some family photo albums" my mother said. Oh god. Tonight couldn't get any worse. I just hoped I wasn't embarrassed too badly.