Mercy

Yn's POV

When I made it to where I heard the gunshot, Hailey was already there. That's when I looked down and noticed Jay on the floor, blood leaking from a wound on his shoulder. My eyes gravitated over towards Angela, who had a gun feet away from her. That meant she had done this. I knelt down next to Jay and held his hand as Hailey put pressure on his wound.

"Jay! Stay with me! Stay with me" I shout as his eyes started drooping close.

"Paramedics are coming down" Voight called out from the top of the steps.

Seconds later, two paramedics headed down the stairs, and Hailey and I helped them put Jay onto the stretcher. I could see Jay's skin paling as we brought him outside where the ambulance was waiting, and that wasn't a good thig. He was losing too much blood.

"I'm going to ride with him" I tell Voight and climb into the back of the ambulance.

As the ambulance drove off and the paramedic in the back with me tended to Jay, I sat next to him and held his hand. I brought his hand up to my lips and pressed a kiss to it as the tears started falling from my eyes.

"Hang in there, Jay. Please hang in there" I plead.

At the hospital, Jay was rushed off to surgery while the whole team was waiting in the lobby. It was hard for me to keep all of my emotions in, which was why I couldn't, and tears managed to keep flowing down my cheeks. Thankfully, I was able to keep my sobs quiet. No one was occupying the seats on either side of me, a sign that they wanted to give me space, the one thing I desperately wanted at the moment. That's when Hailey took a seat next to me and held a cup of coffee towards me.

"No thanks" I sniffled and wiped some tears from my face. "I feel like I have to throw up, and that coffee isn't going to do anything good for me right now."

Just then, Will entered the lobby, and everyone got up. I rushed over to Will with everyone following behind me. If Will was here, that meant he had news. Good or bad though, I didn't know.

"Hey, everybody. I just talked to Dr. Marcel. He said the bullet grazed an artery. They're still trying to repair it" Will informed us. 

"Will? Is he going to be okay" Voight asked. 

Based on Will's face, I could tell that he didn't know the answer to that question. "He's lost a lot of blood" Will said.

"Oh my God" I say and cover my mouth with my hand.

"There's also one more thing. Yn, I found this in his pocket" Will said and produced a black box from his pocket.

"Please don't tell me that's why I think it is" I say.

Will then opened the box, and inside was a beautiful engagement ring. More tears started falling from my eyes, and I started backing up towards the exit.

"Excuse me. I need a minute" I say before turning around and sprinting towards the exit.

"Yn wait" Hailey called after me.

I didn't stop though and kept running until I found an empty spot in the front of the hospital. I rested my back against one of the columns and slid down until my butt hit the ground. Then I put my head in my hands and cried some more. The thought of Jay being dead made my heart hurt, and yet I couldn't stop thinking about it. I don't know how long I sat there for, but after awhile, Adam appeared.

"I just want to be alone right now, Adam" I mumble.

"I know, but we got an update on Angela Nelson. She's out of surgery and awake. Voight wanted to know if you would talk to her with him" Adam spoke.