What Do You Do

Yn's POV

"All right, everybody, a warm Intelligence welcome to Dan Jenkins. He's here to school us in the fine art of taser certification. "No offense, big homey, but we're not really the tasering type of department" Kevin said. "Well, I'm not really the want to be here type of cop, but the CPD says it's mandatory. You don't like it, take it up with the superintendent" Dan said as Voight walked towards his office. "Uh, you're in this too, Sergeant." "I'll just stick to tickling perps to death" Voight said. "You're free to go ask him again" Antonio said. "Will Rogers obviously never met Sergeant Voight. All right, then, the rest of you gather around. Give me your names for the certification" Dan said. "Hey, how long is this going to take" Adam asked. "Why? Do you have a date" Dan asked. "Yes, I do, actually" Adam said.

Dan then set out a mat and we all gathered around it. "The X26 sends 50,000 volts through these two prongs. It disrupts the electrical communication between your nerves and your neural transmitters. You want to make contact with the torso, which is shoulders, pelvis, abdomen, groin. S-P-A-G" Dan said. "Come on, man, let's get on with it, all right" Adam said. "Due time, due time. Now, you all need to be tasered to be certified. It is completely harmless, but you will know what it feels like to be juiced, which will allow you to definitively testify in court on the reaction to the electrical expos" Dan said. 

"Yeah, we get it, man, okay? We get it" Adam said. "Oh, good, a volunteer" Dan said and pressed the taser to Adam's abdomen. Adam groaned and shook from the volts of electricity flowing through his body, falling to the mat after a few seconds. "That was worth the price of admission" Jay said. "Oh, you're next" Dan said. "Can I tase him" I ask. Dan nodded and handed me the taser. "Okay, I mean, this doesn't seem, like, official enough" Jay said. "Where do you want it? S-P-A or G" I ask. "Shoulders" Jay said. "G. G. G. G" Antonio and Kevin chanted. "Don't you dare" Jay said to me.

I smiled at him sweetly, placing one hand on his shoulder. Then, I pressed the taser to his groin and he groaned in pain, falling against me. "Can somebody get me some ice" Jay asked and groaned again as I got him upright. "How was that? Was that good enough for you" I ask. "I'm going to get you back" Jay said as Antonio handed Jay a bag of ice.

Soon, Antonio, Kevin, and Erin all went. "You're up, lady" Dan said. "Oh, I think we've seen enough" I say. "Oh, the X26 does not discriminate by gender. Your friend over there did it" Dan said and gestured to Erin. "It's payback time" Jay said and took the taser from Dan's hand. "What's it going to be, Yn? S-P-A or G" Jay asked me. "Well, I'm pretty sure that your're going to go for G, no matter what I say" I say. "You're right" Jay said and pushed the taser against the skin above my thigh.

The volts that pulsed through me made me forget how to stand, so I fell to the floor, dragging Jay down with me. "You asshole" I manage to say through the pain. "Guys, I think Yn is going to need some ice" Jay said. For a second, neither of us moved, but then, Jay accidentally pressed the taser to me again, and I yelped. "What the hell" I say. "Sorry" Jay said, but still didn't move from his position on top of me. "Look, Jay, I get that I'm pretty and smart and a bad ass, but I've got a fiance, so if you don't mind, I need you to get off of me" I say. I could see Jay start to blush a little bit as he stood up, offering me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up, making a new wave of pain emerge from my groin. That's when Antonio handed me a bag of ice. "Thank you" I say.

We ended up having no cases that day, meaning I got to go home. "Hey. Do you want to head to Molly's? I'm in the mood for some whiskey" I say to Jay. "I was just about to ask you the same thing" Jay said. "Cool. Oh, and Jay" I say. "Yeah" Jay asked. "If you ever taser me again, I will kill you" I say.