No Regrets

Yn's POV

"Morning guys" I say and walk into the bullpen with two trays of coffee in my hands.

"Hey Yn. Jay said you had the case off. What are you doing here" Kim asked me.

"I thought I would bring everyone some actual coffee seeing as no one in hear can brew a decent pot" I say and pass out the coffee.

"You're the best. I thought we were going to have to deal with Adam's shitty coffee for the rest of the day" Hailey commented.

"Hey! My coffee is not shitty" Adam defended.

"Dude, it kind of is" Kevin said.

"I hate all of you" Adam spoke.

"So, what's on the schedule today for you" Vanessa asked me.

"It's my mom's birthday, so my family and I are all going out to celebrate" I answer.

"Man, family celebrations really are a big deal to you guys, huh" Adam said.

"Yeah. And by big deal, I mean huge deal. I once tried to skip a family dinner, and my whole family showed up to my apartment and dragged me out of there. I haven't missed a celebration since" I state.

"Kudos to you, Yn. I would have tried to skip every time" Kim said.

"Why do you think I make Jay go to as many as possible? I love my family, but sometimes their a little much" I share.

"So the real question here, Jay, is if Yn's family likes you" Hailey pointed out.

"Um, I think everyone likes me, but there's a 30% chance Yn's dad is still iffy about me" Jay said.

"Jay, what are you talking about? My dad loves you" I say.

"Then why does he always grill me" Jay asked. "I swear every time I see him, he asks me a million questions."

"He won't admit it out loud, but I'm his favorite child, so he just wants to make sure I'm with the right person. But trust me when I say that he loves you" I say and glance down at my phone. "Well, I should get going. I'll talk to you guys later."

"Have fun" Kevin called out as I exited the bullpen.

When I arrived at my mom and dad's house, I was the last of my siblings to arrive, meaning I was going to be lightly scolded. My parents claimed that I was a workaholic, which I wasn't. Work just took up a lot of my time.

"Yn! There you are. I was afraid you weren't going to show" my mother said and hugged me. 

"Mom, I would never miss your birthday. I just had to drop some things off at work" I say.

"You're always at work. You need a break" my mother scolded.

"Relax, mom. I was just dropping off some coffee" I declare.

"Mm. Come on. Lets get you some food. You're looking skinnier everyday" my mom said and dragged me towards the kitchen.

"Mom, I've probably gained at least 10 pounds since I last saw you" I state.

"Because all you and Jay ever eat is takeout. That's not healthy for you" my mother countered.

"Okay, I'll admit, we get takeout a lot, but only because work is draining. We do cook sometimes though" I say.

"All of that work is not good for you baby. Why do you think you used to have bad anxiety when you were younger, huh? You were always trying to balance work and school" my mom explained.

"I've figured out a good balance, mom. I promise. Now, enough about me. It's your birthday, so lets celebrate" I say.

After the party, I headed home. I was tired and just wanted to get to bed. When I walked inside the apartment, I didn't spot Jay, but when I entered the bedroom, I found him under a blanket staring at his phone. I smiled and jumped onto of Jay, earning a small chuckle from him.

"Hey babe. I was wondering when you were going to get home" Jay said and kissed the tip of my nose.

"Well, I am home now, and all I want to do is cuddle with my amazing, smoking hot boyfriend" I say and press my cheek to his chest.

Jay laughed and wrapped his arms around me, holding me in place. "I can agree with that. Now come here you" Jay said and leaned up, locking his lips with mine.