Fathers and Sons

Yn's POV

"Okay, uh, graduated from Loyola, played varsity soccer in high school, sang karaoke with Mike Ditka at Franky's Tavern. 'You Don't Send Me Flowers.' Barbra Streisand. Neil Diamond. Go" Platt said as we were all sitting around a table eating cake. "Ditka doesn't do karaoke so that's the lie" Kevin said. "I was thinking the same thing" Hailey said and high fived him. "No, definitely not. It's soccer. The woman hates moving" Kim said. "Yeah, there's no way you played varsity soccer in high school" Jay chimed in. "Well, they didn't even have girls' soccer back then, so" Antonio said. "Well shit, Antonio" I say. "Who was your coach? Jesus" Antonio asked, causing everyone to burst out laughing. 

"Yn, do you have a guess" Platt asked me. "I actually think it's the Loyola thing. I went to and graduated from Loyola, and I've told you that before, so I assume you would've told me that you went there too, but I don't recall us ever having a conversation about that" I say. "Well, Yn's spot on. It's the Loyola thing. I dropped out after two years so I could move to LA with my boyfriend. I played keyboard in a heavy metal rock band called Black Ice" Platt said. 

"25 years as a cop, I think that's pretty amazing" Kim said. "Yeah, well, it's actually insane and by the way, it feels more like 50 so get out while you can" Platt said, which caused more laughter to come from all of us. "Man. How did you get that one" Adam asked me. "I told you, Adam. Yn's a genius. Her deduction skill are literally out of this world" Hailey said. "Hey, guys, sorry to break up the party. I got a call from a CI.  A drug mule just showed up at his motel. We've got to roll" Voight said. "What? But what about my cake" I ask. "Fine. Ln, stay here, finish your dessert, and we'll meet you back at the district" Voight said.

...........................................

"All right, this was found on the back of Gloria's hand. I'm guessing it's one of those invisible nightclub stamps" Adam said and hung a picture up on the white board. "Okay, but why would a girl with a kilo worth of blow inside of her walk into that nightclub" Kevin asked. "Manifest came in from Customs. I got the name of the John Doe. It's Miguel Lopez, age 29. Lists his recent place of employment as the Scorpion Club. Occupation: bartender" Jay said. "Anything on this girl he gutted, Gloria Sanchez" Voight asked. "Yeah, also Scorpion Club. Occupation: dancer" Jay responded. "Yeah, that's the place on 6th and Steward, right" Jay Adam asked. "Yeah, that's the one. The logo matches the hand stamp" Jay clarified. "All right, so run the owner and every employee. Look, this is a homicide now. We bust the guy moving the drugs, we can nail him for murder too" Voight said.

"Actually, Sarge, I've got an idea" I say. "What is it" Voight asked. "What if we have someone go in undercover? We can get acquainted with the bartender and the people working the club, make a buy, and figure out who's behind all this" I say. "That's actually not a bad idea, boss" Adam said. "All right, who wants it" Voight asked. "I'd be down, unless Yn wants to do it since it was her idea" Hailey said. "No. You go ahead. I've been under cover more than enough" I say. "Remember that time we had to go into a sex club" Jay asked me. "Oh yeah. My first undercover gig in Intelligence. We saw some crazy things in there" I say. "What sort of things" Adam asked and leaned forward in his seat. "We made a pact to never talk about it. What we saw, well, we're keeping it locked in our heads" Jay said. "All right. Hailey, get ready. Lets start this undercover thing as soon as possible" Voight said.

So Hailey managed to get in contact with the bartender, Larry, who agreed to make a deal with her because she said her boyfriend, who was being played by Adam, was rich. Later tonight, they were meeting with Larry's boss. "Spiro Dalon. Grew up in Greek Town. He's got a clean record. He owns the Scorpion Club and he does pretty well for himself" Jay said. "Suspiciously well. I had Asset Forfeiture run the financials for his club and the numbers don't add up. He's in the hole until six months ago and then there's this huge surge in profits. I mean, there's no way that's legit business. They'd need, like, a revolving door for all those customers" Kim explained. 

"Right, so I checked with Immigration. Along with Gloria Sanchez, I've got a dozen other temporary work visas for exotic dancers from Juarez this year. They all list Scorpion Club as their place of employment. Frequent border crossings. Multiple trips. It's a pattern" Jay said. "Okay, so Spiro uses his own girls as mules to smuggle the coke in his own club to launder the money. Smart hustle" Kevin said. "Well, now it's your turn to hustle. Once you get in with this guy, get him to trust you and make a deal" Voight said.

The next day, as I was walking to go get coffee, I suddenly felt dizzy, and if I didn't use Jay's desk to steady myself, I would've fallen over. "Whoa. You okay" Jay asked and stood up from his desk. "I think I just stood up too fast" I say. "Are you sure? You're looking a bit pale" Jay said. "I'm sure it was nothing" I say. "Yn" Jay said in a warning tone. "Okay, so I may have been feeling bad the past few days, but this is the first time I've gotten dizzy" I say. "Maybe you should take the day off" Jay said. "Come on. I feel fine right now" I say. Jay felt my forehead, and when he pulled his hand away, he shook his head. "You're burning up. You should go home" he said. "Ugh. Sometimes I hate that you're such a good boyfriend" I say. "I'll talk to Voight. You just get yourself home" Jay said. "All right. I'll see you later" I say.

That night, when Jay got home, Chief and I were laying on the couch together with a movie playing on TV. I was snuggled up in some blankets, and a cup of tea was sitting on the table next to me. "Hey. How'd the case go" I ask. "Good. We caught Spiro and everyone else working with him. What are you watching" he asked me and took a seat on the couch next to me. "I don't really know. I just got up from a nap" I say. "You feeling any better" Jay asked. "A little, yeah" I say and move by body so that I was leaning into Jay, who wrapped his arm around me. "Thanks for coming home when I asked you too" he said. "Well, I didn't want to, and I hate admitting you were right, but you were right. I wasn't feeling my best, and I should've just stayed home from the start" I say. "You're the one calling me stubborn, but I think you're more stubborn than I am" Jay said. I gasped and shoved him away from me playfully. "I am not" I say. "Whatever. Come on. Lets get you to bed" Jay said.