The Cases That Need to Be Solved

Yn's POV

When I walked into the bullpen, a new case was being set up on the board. I glanced over and saw Jay and Erin laughing together, and for a second, I felt a bit jealous. However, I waved that aside because I knew Jay had eyes for me, and only me. "Hey everyone. I brought coffee" I say and hold out the two trays I had. "You are a savior" Adam said and took a cup of coffee. "So what's this new case" I ask.

"Our victim is Noah Johnson. His father is Brian Johnson. According to the gang database, he's part of the Westside Posse. He does have priors; possession, attempt to distribute, and UUW" Adam said. "Any other rival gangs that the Westside Posse are currently beefing with" I ask. "Oh, we're looking into it. Just waiting for more intel from CPIC" Adam said. "It might've been a retaliation hit" Al suggested. "On a 6-year-old kid? Is that what we're talking about" Adam asked.

"We're entertaining every possible scenario, Adam" Voight said. "So the dad's a suspect" Kevin asked. "Everybody is. Look into all family members all relatives, everybody. Start turning the screws on every known gang member in the immediate zone. Shut down their drug spots. Lock them up for jaywalking if you have to. Start flipping these guys one at a time. Someone is going to talk, especially if they're looking at time. Lindsay, Halstead, see what the examiner has to say" Voight said.

...................................

"So the bar that Brian was busted at is a known hangout for the Westside Posse. Nobody goes in there without being affiliated" Erin said. "One of my C.I.'s just told me that they're planning some sort of payback against G Park. Like, big-time" Erin said. "Most people I've stood over put themselves in that situation. This kid never had a choice" Antonio said and glanced at Noah's picture as Platt walked up the stairs. "Drive-by shooting. G Park Lords territory" she said. "Let's go" Voight said.

As I stood up, I suddenly became dizzy, and if Adam wasn't behind me to catch me, I would have fallen to the floor. "Whoa. You okay" Adam asked me. "Yeah. I think I just stood up too fast" I say. "You're not looking too good. Are you feeling okay" Jay asked me. "Yeah. I feel fine" I say. Jay walked over and placed the back of his hand against my forehead. "You're burning up" he said. "Ln, you should just go home" Voight said. "Okay. You guys go ahead to the shooting. I'll be fine getting out of here by myself" I say. Everyone nodded and left the bullpen, and as Jay did, he pressed a kiss to my forehead.

I had to stay at home the next day as well because my temperature hadn't gone down, but I was feeling much better. Towards the end of the day, the door to my apartment opened, and Jay walked in holding a brown bag. "I brought tacos" he said. "You are officially the best boyfriend ever" I say and take a taco from the bag, taking a huge bite out of it. "So, how was the case?" "All you need to know is that we solved it. Now, I'm thinking we take these tacos to the couch and watch a movie" Jay said. "That sounds great. Lets do it" I say.