Sacrifice

Yn's POV

"Babe, you've got to get up now" Jay said to me.

"No. I'm too tired" I mumble from my spot under the blankets. 

"All right. I've got something that will wake you up" Jay said.

I grumbled an incoherent response, and then suddenly, I was being lifted out of bed. For a few seconds, I had no idea what was happening, but soon, I realized what Jay was doing. He set me down in the bath tub, and before I could even react, he turned the shower on to the coldest temperature. As soon as the cold water hit me, I shrieked and attempted to escape the bath tub, but Jay wouldn't let me.

"Jay! Let me out of here" I shriek.

"Sorry, Yn, but you need to wake up" Jay said.

At that moment, an idea struck me. It was probably a terrible idea, but it would be worth it. While Jay was too busy trying to make sure I didn't escape, I grabbed his arm and tugged him towards me. Jay wasn't expecting me to do anything, so he didn't resist my touch, and fell into the bath tub with me. Now, the cold water was raining down on both of us.

"I hate you" Jay said to me.

"Shut up. You love me" I say.

"That's debatable" Jay said.

...................................................

"I spoke to Robbery. All three vans were owned by Venture Shipping. The offenders, they hit the vans early in their route. They got in and out fast. It seems like they know what they're doing" Jay explained. 

"And nothing on the van drivers" Voight asked. 

"No, all three are clean. Nothing to suggest it was an inside job. Our best lead comes from these blowups taken from a nearby auto repair shop. This is offender one" Jay said and put a picture on the white board. "This guy's got $300 sneakers on. This is the one that beat down the driver. The driver said he was speaking English. He sounded like a local." 

"All right, boss, as far as I can tell, this is all about the opioids. But in this whole process, there were some other meds taken" Adam said. 

"These pills distinct enough to ID" Voight asked.

"Not really. They've all got the same manufacturer stamp, but that's about it" Adam responded. 

"Hey, Sarge. Patrol found the SUV empty on a random lot in Humboldt Park, two miles away from the robbery" Kevin said. 

"Techs ran the GPS. The SUV was parked on a Back Of The Yards neighborhood for two days, one block from a known drug den owned and operated by the Night Lords" Kim added. 

"You know what? I got a junkie unwitting that's actually pretty tight with some of these guys. He grew up with them. I could take a run at him" Antonio suggested. 

"Chase it" Voight said. 

Antonio managed to get in contact with his gut, who said the man stocking up on pills was Eric Shaw. We then set up a deal between Adam and Shaw, but things didn't go as planned because Eric wanted Adam to take a drive with him to a different location.

"I don't like this" Hailey said. 

"Me either. You want to call something in" I ask.

"Sure. 5021 Henry, do you have any patrol cars near 3400 Princeton" Hailey asked into her radio. 

"10-4, I show 922 coming off a traffic stop a block away" the responder replied. 

"Have them do a slow crawl down Princeton" Hailey said.