300,000 Likes

Yn's POV

Johnny and I were sitting on his bed, me straddling his lap. His back was resting against the headrest, and my arms were relaxing comfortably around Johnny's neck. As we kissed, Johnny slid his hands under my shirt and placed his hands on my back, his thumbs rubbing circles on my bare skin. Morning makeouts were perhaps one of my favorite things in the world, and today, I was interrupted as my phone buzzed with a text. 

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand as Johnny kissed my neck, and I saw that I had gotten a text from Antonio. We had a new case, which meant I needed to get down to the district. "Sorry Johnny, but I've got to get going" I say and climb off of his lap. Now was probably a good time to mention that I didn't have pants on, so when I bent down to grab my jeans from the floor, I could feel Johnny's eyes on my bottom half. "Can you come by later" he asked me as I put the jeans on. "Depends on how the day goes. Thanks for the great night" I tell him.

When I got to the bullpen, our new case was being presented. "Tariq Bolad had been here ten years. He's originally from Sudan, married, kid on the way. Employed as a supervisor in an office-cleaning company. He was working on his degree nights at UIC" Voight said. "Wasn't he in protective custody for the trial" Kevin asked. "He was. Head of the detail is on his way in now" Voight said. "You know, the original case file indicates that Tuxhorn and Ariel left the Tiki on rush at 10:45. Now, Tuxhorn says that they went to his apartment, they had consensual B&D sex, and then she walked out on her own. Tariq's statement says that he saw Tuxhorn dragging Ariel's body towards the locks where he dumped her and he drove off. He called 911 and went in after her, but she was already dead. Yhe M.E.'s toxicology report determined she was loaded up with ketamine" Jay said. 

"Four other girls have made rape allegations against Tuxhorn. He skated on each case because of a combo of his dad's money and his high-powered attorney, Dominick Cooke. He's the worst" Erin said. "What about Tariq's phone records" Al asked. "I'm into it with the service provider. Subpoena's been drafted, signed off on, and dropped. So we should have it in a few hours" Adam said. "Yeah, well, we've got one really big question to answer first. Tariq Bolad's identity was supposed to be sealed. Check into the grand jury, court reporters, ASA's office, whoever had access to his name or a motive to leak it, because somebody figured it out" Voight said. "Ken Amis, the head of Tariq's security detail, is on his way up" Kevin said. "Al, you and me" Voight said.

"You were almost late today" Adam said as Voight and Al walked towards the break room with Amis. "The key word being 'almost'" I clarify. "You were with Johnny, weren't you" he asked. "You know, I don't really feel comfortable sharing my personal business with you Adam" I say playfully. "Are things getting serious yet" Adam asked. "Nope, and I don't think they ever will" I say. "What? Why" he asked. "We both just got out of serious relationships, Adam. All we want is to have fun" I say.

..........................................

"I checked into Tuxhorn's visitor list from lockup. Mail, phone, and visitor logs show only his attorney and his family having any contact with him" Jay said. "I want you to add Tuxhorn's family members to the list we gave financial crimes. I want a complete workup of all their financials, specifically any large-sum withdrawal in the last two months or so. And Antonio, Stone asked he be kept in the loop as much as possible" Voight said.

"Hey, Sarge? Tariq's cell phone dump came back in. He got a call an hour before his murder. The conversation lasted a minute and a half" Adam said. "The call was from a guy named Amir Dafallah. Tariq's widow said that Amir came over here with Tariq from Sudan. They were best friends, but Amir never really got his act together, always looking to borrow money" I say. "Does Amir have priors" Antonio asked. "Drunk and disorderly and resisting arrest" Adam replied. "Hit it" Voight said to Adam and I.