Season 7; Doubt

Jay's POV

Kelton was dead. Someone had shot him in the chest and the face, so chances were he died almost immediately. Blood was staining the front of his pristine white button up and the white carpet his body was positioned on.

"Hey" I say to Interim Superintendent Crawford. "Who was first on the scene?"

"One of your own, actually. She's outside talking to IRT" Crawford said and pointed outside.

I glanced out the window, and shockingly, I saw that he was pointing to Yn. How the hell was Yn first on the scene?

"IRT? Why's IRT here" I ask.

"Oh, you didn't hear" Crawford asked.

"Hear what" I question.

"GPS puts Yn's car outside of Kelton's house at the time of the murder. Right now, she's Homicides prime suspect. I want Intelligence working alongside them on this one" Crawford stated.

"Yeah. Okay" I say.

Yn's POV

It didn't take long for me to give IRT my full statement, which wasn't much. I didn't have a lot to say. As soon as I was done talking to the officer, Jay walked over to me and pulled me aside.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on here" Jay asked me.

"It's not what it looks like" I say.

"Yn, they have your car out front at the time of death. You were here when Kelton was shot" Jay explained.

"I know how bad this looks, okay? But you have to believe me. I didn't do this. The only reason I was here was because I wanted to give Kelton a piece of my mind. I was tired of everything he was doing like attacking me and the rest of the unit. He was already going to put me on a foot beat at the courthouse, so I figured confronting him couldn't hurt" I say.

Jay sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "This is bad, Yn. Really bad. What you just told me is a motive. You had a motive to kill Kelton, which means they can charge you with 1st degree murder. You could be sentenced to life in prison" he lectured.

"So, what" I ask and cross my arms over my chest. "You think I killed Kelton?"

"That's not what I said. I'm just saying that those are the possibilities if you're found guilty" Jay clarified.

"Okay. But I didn't kill Kelton" I say.

"Look, Crawford doesn't want you on the case, so you're going to have to take the week off" Jay informed me.

"I figured this would happen. I'll um, I'll see you later, okay" I say.

"Yeah. Okay" Jay said.

The next morning, I headed down to the district to see how the case was going. I wasn't supposed to be involved in any way, but at the moment, I didn't care. I climbed the stairs to the bullpen, and when I got there, everyone was at their desk working. After a few seconds, Jay noticed me.

"Yn, hey. What are you doing here" Jay asked me.

"Well, I heard Voight posted Adam's bail, so I went to talk to him for a bit. After that, I didn't want to go home, so I figured I'd swing by and see how the case is doing. You guys have any suspects" I ask.

"We had a kid, but his alibi checked out" Hailey responded.

"And I'm assuming Homicide is still looking into me" I ask.

"You are correct" Detective Terkla from Homicide said and appeared beside me.

"Detective. What are you doing here" Jay asked.