Season 6; New Normal

Yn's POV

"Jay! Have you seen my hair brush" I ask. "Last time I saw it, it was in the top drawer of your nightstand" Jay called out from the bathroom. I checked the top drawer of my nightstand, and what do you know. There it was. "Did you find it" Jay asked. "Uh, yeah. It was exac-" I cut myself off as I turned around and saw my boyfriend standing behind me with only a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was also soaking wet, and there were tiny water droplets gathered on his chest. "Wow" I say. "What" Jay asked. "My boyfriend is the hottest man on the planet" I say and wrap my arms around his waist. "The same could be said about you" Jay said and leaned down to place a kiss on my lips. Instead of the kiss being a quick peck, I moved my arms from Jay's waist to his neck, and deepened the kiss by pulling him closer to me.

Jay smiled and locked my bottom lip between his, a sign things were about to get heated. Just as the kiss would have progressed, my phone beeped. I sighed and broke away from Jay, grabbing my phone from the nightstand. "It's from Antonio. We've got a new case" I say. Jay groaned and ran a hand through his wet hair. "Why are we always interrupted" he asked. "I don't know, but we're definitely continuing this when we have some free time" I say.

...........................................

"What happened to your face, boss" Adam asked as we gathered in the park. "I'm fine. Listen. There is some bad dope out on the street and we are going to find it. Now, Antonio is going to take the lead. So get on the horn with CFD right away. Get a list of all the ODs the past two days, the exact locations the bodies were found. Track down the 911 tapes, tox reports" Voight said. "I got it, Hank. I'm good" Antonio said. "Sarge, you want to tell us what's going on? Why aren't you involved" Jay asked. "The COPA thing. They're still investigating the shooting. Listen, I'm on the bench until it's resolved" Voight said. 

"Way to step up, bro" Adam said to Antonio. "Stay out of this, Adam" Antonio remarked. "Hey. Enough. Now listen, everything is going to be fine" Voight said. "You said the same thing about Al, yet here we are, one man down, and our Sergeant is under investigation" I say. "Yn" Jay said. "What? I'm just saying what's on my mind" I say and stuff my hands into my jacket pockets. "Lets just track down that bad dope. Get to work" Voight said.

At the district, we had gotten a white board set up and got to work. "Same tox report for all five DOAs. Heroin cut with battery acid" Jay said. "Battery acid? Really" Kim questioned. "That means it's intentional. It means somebody's trying to put bodies on the street" Antonio clarified. "Wait, so, is this business or is this some sicko serial killer out here just trying to kill people with dope instead of bullets" Kevin asked. "Well, all five ODs are on the West Side between Sacramento and California. It's confined to one area, which is a good thing" Jay responded. "What about the crime scenes" Antonio asked. "Detectives found packets at three out of five locations. They all had the same logo: a spider" Kim replied.

"Yeah, well, maybe we should call Voight and see if he can at least point us in the right direction" Adam suggested. "No. We can't. Hank's off the books until COPA's done with the investigation" Antonio said. "Right, yeah, I know that, but there's five people dead and the clock's ticking" Adam said. "Voight's not involved, you understand? He's been stripped. It's violation to even talk to him about any of this. All right, talk to Narcotics. See who the shot-callers are and who's supplying product with a spider logo. All these kids copped somewhere. Hopefully that somewhere is connected to the same corner" Antonio said. "I think they are. I ran the phones. All five trace back to the same burner. It's got to be the dealer. I pinged it, and it looks like he's doing business on the corner of Sacramento and Fillmore" Hailey said. "Okay. Here's what we're going to do" Antonio spoke.

The plan was to send Jay in undercover as a buyer, then have Kevin and Kim come in as police to distract Andre, the dealer, long enough for Adam to snatch the drugs. Once that had happened, we tracked Andre's next phone call to a guy named Jalen, and brought him into the station. Jay and Antonio were currently interviewing him. "Hailey, has anyone told you how amazing you look today" I tell my best friend. "Uh, no" she said. "Well then I'm glad I'm the first. You look great" I say. "Thanks, Yn. You do too" Hailey said. "See, this is why we're best friends. I can't even imagine what this unit was like without you" I say.