Infection

Note: This will be a combination of the Chicago Fire, Med, and PD episodes of the crossover.

Yn's POV

I loved days like today. A bunch of us from the district, Firehouse 51, and Med were gathered in one of the many parking lots of Soldier Field tailgating. Jay and Matt were throwing a football back and forth, Kelly was grilling sausage, and the girls and I were lounging on lawn chairs chatting and drinking beer.

"What's up with the TV, Kev" Kim asked Kevin as he was trying to set up the TV in the bed of Matt's truck.

"Listen, the input should be working" Kevin replied and aimed the remote at the TV, clicking a few buttons which did nothing.

"We're missing pre-game" Kim brought up.

"I know we're missing the pre-game. It's going to be on soon" Kevin said.

"Did you bring the right cable" Sylvie asked.

"Of course I brought the right cable. I don't need any help" Kevin spoke and continued working on the TV.

"All right, I'll be right back" I say and place my beer in my chair's cup holder before standing up.

I then made my way over to Jay and Matt, who were still playing catch. As Jay threw the ball, I could see the muscles in his shoulders bulge beneath his Bears t-shirt. When Matt threw the football back at Jay, I quickly intercepted it and fell against Jay's chest.

"Whoa! I call foul" Matt shouted from dozens of feet away.

"Sorry, Matt, but I need to borrow Jay for a sec" I say and effortlessly throw the football back at him.

"What's up" Jay asked me.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You are so hot right now, and I can see a few girls looking at you, so I'm going to show them that you're taken" I say and press my lips to Jay's for a short, passionate kiss.

"Man, you really are staking your claim, aren't you" Jay asked as we pulled away from each other.

"I just need everyone to know that you're mine" I say.

"Two dozen sweet corn tamales from Garcia's" Hailey said and appeared with trays of tamales. 

"Well, as much as I love you, I love food more, so I'm going to go over there now" I tease.

"I love you too" Jay called out as I walked back towards the girls.

"Hey, wait till we eat the sausage" Kelly exclaimed as we dug into the tamales. 

"Yeah, yeah, right, yep, do what Kelly said" Stella said, but as soon as Kelly turned around, she shook her head at us. 

"Are you going to get that working before we have to go in" Jay asked Kevin as he caught the football. 

"Jay, if you don't leave me alone, okay? If I hear another damn word about this pre-game" Kevin muttered.

Just then, I heard screaming from a few dozen yards away, and I when I glanced up, I saw that people were pointing at something. I set down my tamale at the same time Matt seemed to sense something was off.

"Back! Chicago firefighters coming through" Matt said and began pushing through the crowd with all of us following behind him. 

When we got to where the commotion was going on, I saw that everyone was standing around a young man who had fallen to the ground. Right away, Sylvie and Natalie burst into action. Sylvie knelt down by the man's head and cradled it in her hands while Natalie checked his pulse.