Monster Monster (Steven/Marc/Jake)

Marc had lost control and blacked out.
When he finally came to be he looked down to see he was on his knees watching a woman bleed out in front of him.

"What the fuck did you do Jake?" He growled looking down at the woman with a slit throat.

"It wasn't me cabrón." Jake growled as Marc watched the woman die.

"Than who the fuck was it because I know I didn't and I also know Steven would never..."

"It was me." Steven grumbled as Marc looked up to see Steven in the refection of a window.

"Steven, you better explain this right now." Marc growled before he heard a small cry.
He looked to his left to see a little girl crying and covering her mouth.

"Jake, deal with Steven. I'll take care of this." Marc demanded as he blocked the two men out.
He slowly made his way over to the crying girl.

"Hey sweetheart." He whispered kneeling down as she covered her ears.

"You killed her." She whispered sobbing as he looked at her sadly.

"It's okay angel. We'll work this out alright? I promise it wasn't me that did that, I'll help you." Marc whispered as she looked at him.
Marc would've thought she would run away because he looked exactly like her mothers killer.
But maybe the girl could sense a change in the two men.
She reached out to him with both of her arms as he reached forward and picked her up slowly.
She was only three or four years old. She closed her eyes and clung onto Marc for dear life, not wanting to open her eyes once.

"I'll get you somewhere safe sweetheart." He whispered holding onto the small black haired girl.
Marc got a lot of strange looks from people he passed.
Maybe he should've summoned the suit, because right now he was covered in blood carrying a girl that was covered in blood.
He snuck into an alleyway and put the girl down before he summoned the suit making her look at him in shock.

"Alright, hold onto me okay?" He said picking her up again as she clung onto him and closed her eyes once more.
He flew off into the sky knowing it would be a lot quicker and safer to get the girl back to his apartment.
He landed on the roof and got through the window he knew would be open because Steven would never lock it.
He brought the girl inside and pulled her away from him to see she was fast asleep.
He tucked her into his bed and covered her with plenty of blankets.
He wanted to go talk to Steven within the mind but he needed to shower. He grumbled and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Jake, I need you to take control and take care of the body and the girl." Marc said glancing to his reflection to see Jake's tense face.

"Alright then maybe you can get something out of Steven, he hasn't said a damn word." Jake growled before Marc blacked out.
He awoke once more in the mind space to see Steven sitting on their bed with his knees to his chest.
He noticed Jake had restrained his ankle.

"Steven." Marc muttered as Steven didn't look up.

"Buddy you gotta tell me what's going on. This isn't like you at all." Marc said approaching Steven and sitting on the edge of the bed.
He placed his hand on Steven's knee gently.

"She deserved it." Steven grumbled as Marc looked at him in shock.

"Talk to me. What happened?" Marc whispered, he knew Jake would've just yelled at him, but Marc also knew Steven and knew he needed to be gentle.

"She wouldn't stop hurting her." Steven whispered as Marc looked at him in confusion.

"Who?" Marc questioned, Steven looked up at him with red teary eyes.

"Kara, the little girl. I was taking a walk and I saw her mother hurting her, she was screaming and hitting her a-and I...I snapped." Steven whispered more tears forming within his eyes.

"Steven." Marc whispered sadly as Steven began to cry.

"I couldn't control it! I-I just saw mum, I saw her. And the little girl was you and I couldn't stop! I killed her, I killed someone." Steven whispered covering his ears and sobbing.
Marc gently unlocked the ankle restraint and reached forward to pull Steven into a hug.

"I've got you, Kara is safe with us. And you're safe with me." Marc whispered holding onto Steven as tight as he could.

"I'm a monster, I couldn't stop. I don't know what came over me." Steven sobbed out as Marc closed his eyes and ran his hand through his hair.

"Steven it's okay, you're not a monster. We're going to sort all of this out, I understand why you did it. I'm not angry, I'm just worried okay?" Marc whispered as Steven nodded slowly.

"I don't want you to hate me." Steven whispered in a broken voice as Marc gently kissed his forehead.

"I could never hate you Steven, we're going to sort all of this out I promise."