Just a bargain

Bound and gagged you cried softly and tried to call out but nothing happened.
You were surrounded by a pitch black room, it felt like hours since you'd been taken.
Finally you heard the door open and saw a bit of light stream through.
You whined and looked up to see a tall brunette man looking down at you.

"Remind me why we had to kidnap a girl." He grumbled but no one was around.
Was he talking to you?

"Keep her alive and make sure she doesn't escape. That's all you need to worry about." A voice came through as you looked up in confusion.
You saw a bird skull behind him and screamed through the tape around your mouth.

"She's fucking terrified." The human muttered looking at you.

"Then take care of it." The skull said before disappearing.
You cried and shook your head trying to scream.
Suddenly his posture change and his eyes widened.

"Marc! What the bloody hell are you doing? Why aren't you helping her?" He said in a British accent rushing forward.

"I don't care what Khonshu said, we aren't kidnappers." He growled reaching down to your hands but he stopped and he groaned.

"Dammit, Steven. Just let me handle this." He growled, his accent changing again.
You looked up with your eyes filled with tears and fear.

"Fucking hell, Khonshu." He grumbled reaching up to gently pull the tape away from your face.

"Please don't kill me." You whispered through your tears as he looked at you sadly.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. I don't know why you're here, or why Khonshu told me to kidnap you." He said sighing softly.

"Is Khonshu the skull thing?" You whispered as he chuckled softly.

"Yeah, that would be him. Wait, you could see him?" Marc asked looking to you in shock.
You nodded slowly.
Marc knew there was something more here, you obviously weren't human or at least had ties to the Egyptian gods.

"What is he going to do to me?" You asked in fear as Marc worked on un-restraining your hands.

"I don't know, but I'm not so cold that I would let him hurt you, okay?" Marc said as you nodded and rubbed your sore wrists.

"Come on, I'll get you out of here. His only instructions were to keep you alive and not let you run. So, I can at least make this easier on you." Marc said helping you stand up on your unsteady feet.
He helped you walk out of the small dark room and you saw you were inside an apartment.
You had expected a scary basement.

"This is your place? Why do you have a tiny dark room?" You muttered making him chuckle again.

"It's a panic room, considering a lot of people want my head I thought it was a good idea." He replied making you nod.
He helped you sit down at the table as you sighed in relief.

"Why did you have a British accent before?" You asked as he went to the kitchen to grab you a glass of water.

"I have dissociative identity disorder meaning..."

"You have different people in the one body." You finished for him as he nodded and handed you a glass of water.

"I studied a bit of psychology and that was one of the topics." You muttered as he looked down at you.

"Do you have any idea why an Egyptian god would want you?" Marc asked as you shook your head.

"No, my father used to teach me about the gods and goddesses all the time. He used to talk about Khonshu and Ammit a lot." You said as Marc sat across from you.

"What would your father say about them?" Marc asked in curiosity.

"Mainly that both of their morals were stupid." You said making Marc chuckle.

"Where's your father now?" Marc asked as you sighed softly.

"He died when I was seventeen, I don't know how. One day I just found his body, then I was left with his house and all the valuables he had collected. I didn't have any other family." You muttered as Marc looked at you sadly.

"I'm sorry you went through all of that." He muttered before realising he didn't even know your name.

"What's your name?" He asked as you looked up at him again.

"My name is Y/N." You replied making him nod.

"I'm Marc and the British one is Steven." He said making you smile.

"And you'll both protect me against the skull man?" You said as he nodded.

"Yeah, Steven's a lot softer than me so don't be surprised if he makes you hot cocoa and covers you in blankets." He said making you laugh.

"Honestly I wouldn't object. It's been a long time since I had a hot cocoa." You muttered, Marc went silent and you looked up to see him smiling.

"Marc?" You asked before he quickly stood up.

"Well, why didn't you say so? I'll make one right now." He said in a British accent making you chuckle softly, you guess that was Steven.

"That would be really lovely."

After having hot cocoa with Steven you had gotten to know him a lot better.
You didn't think you would make friends with your kidnappers.

"Also, you don't need to worry about Khonshu, I have that silly old bird wrapped around my finger. I'm not sure about Jake though." Steven muttered drinking his tea.

"Who's Jake?" You questioned as he looked up at you nervously.

"He's our other alter, he's a killer and he is Khonshu's favourite. He wouldn't hurt you though, w-well I wouldn't let him." Steven muttered, you could see he was becoming nervous.
You were about to reassure him before you heard a noise and looked up to see Khonshu once again.

"Of course you would give the prisoner a hot beverage, stupid worm." He growled at Steven who glared at him and rolled his eyes.

"Have you learn nothing old bird? Marc and I aren't so cold that we would just leave her to starve. I don't care what your plans are, we aren't hurting her." Steven said making Khonshu scoff.

"Well, if all goes to plan I won't need to hurt her. She's just the tool I'm going to use to get the gods to speak with me." He said making you both look at him in confusion.

"Why would Y/N make the gods talk to you?" Steven asked as Khonshu looked at you.

"She's Osiris' daughter, when they learn I have her they'll be forced to speak to me." Khonshu said as your eyes widened.

"I-I think you have the wrong person, my father was Leon. He died." You said making Khonshu chuckle.

"Leon was Osiris' avatar, once he died Osiris didn't want anything else to do with a half human daughter." Khonshu growled as you looked to Steven.
He knew how scared you were.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll sort this out. And Khonshu, you aren't using her to get to the gods." Steven growled as Khonshu chuckled once more.

"Watch me, little worm."