Marc / Young Reader

(this request didn't really make any sense so I improvised)

"Marc, how the hell is this a good idea?" Steven muttered as Marc crept around a large mansion.

"This guy has been kicking our ass for weeks and there's no beating him. Layla tracked down where he lived, there's gotta be something we can find." Marc whispered as he looked around the dark, mostly abandoned mansion.

"He's a smart man, I doubt he would leave anything here." Steven replied, Marc made it to the second floor.
He heard a noise and quickly stopped in his tracks.
He listened carefully and noticed it sounded like someone crying.
He walked as quietly as he could until he saw an open door with a lamp on.
He looked in to see a young girl curled up on a single bed and sobbing.

"What the hell?" Steven whispered, Marc stepped forward a little.
His footing made a noise and you quickly looked up in fear.
He could see you were too afraid to even speak.

"It's okay, I'm not here to hurt you." Marc whispered as his mask retracted.

"Moon knight." You whispered as he nodded.

"Yeah, that's me. What's your name?" He asked as you sat up and clutched a teddy to your chest.

"Y/N." You whispered as he smiled.

"It's nice to meet you. What are you doing here?" He asked softly as you looked away from him.

"I live here." You muttered as he nodded.

"Maybe she's homeless and found this place." Steven suggested.

"Do you want me to call someone for you? Get you some food?" He asked as you shook your head.

"No, it's okay. My father will be back in the morning." You said as Marc's eyes widened.

"Oh, shit."

"Oh, god."

"Oh, mierda."

"Why has he left you here, alone?" Marc asked as you slowly stood up and looked at him, still clutching your teddy.

"He says this is the safest place for me. But, I don't like it. It's scary and cold and creepy." You muttered as Marc nodded.
He'd come here trying to find some documents or something, but he found the criminals daughter instead.

"You can help, can't you?" You whispered as he looked at you in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asked as you stepped forward a bit.

"You're a superhero, you can save me and get me somewhere safe." You whispered, not looking at him.

"You don't want to stay and wait for your father?" He asked as you shook your head.

"No, I don't want to see him. He's been even angrier lately." You whispered as Marc looked at you sadly.

"Okay, I can get you somewhere safe." Marc said as you smiled.
Maybe Marc could use this, he didn't want to use you persay but this was the leg up he needed.

"Get some stuff you want to take okay?" Marc said as you nodded and started to pack a small bag.

--

You made it back to Marc's apartment, you looked around in amazement at all the books.

"What's the plan here?" Steven asked, making Marc sigh.

"I'm not sure, but I couldn't leave her there. I saw how scared she was and knew I couldn't leave her." Marc whispered, watching you look around the apartment.

"I'll get some sheets on the bed, I don't mind the couch. Just go raid the fridge if you're hungry." Marc said as you nodded and skipped away.
He noticed how easily you trusted Marc.
Once he'd set up the bed you brought a bunch of snacks onto the bed and started eating.
Marc chuckled softly.

"I think she's settled in already."