A Little Gift

It had been quiet for a little while, Marc knew that meant something bad was going to happen.
They all knew better than to trust that things would go well.
Jake was up at midnight, writing away like he usually did when he heard a knock on the door.
His eyebrows creased together and you carefully made his way to the door.
He carefully opened it and could feel a weight on it.
He opened it more to see a bloodied unconscious woman against the door, he opened it more and carefully caught her in his arms.

"What in the world?" He muttered before Steven suddenly took control.

"Y/N? Oh, gods." He whispered picking you up and closing the door behind him.

"You know her?" Jake asked as Steven rested you down on the couch.
He looked down to see a note taped to your chest.
He grabbed it and read it out loud.

"A little gift." He muttered, his skin going pale.

"Steven, call Layla. We all know Layla is a lot better at first aid than us." Marc said as Steven nodded and shakily grabbed his phone.

"Guys? It's midnight, what's wrong?" Layla asked as Steven sighed.

"It's a bit...complicated. But we need your help, there's someone here that needs medical attention." He said nervously into the phone, hearing Layla sigh.

"I'll be there in 10." She replied before hanging up the phone.
Steven heard you whine in pain before rushing over to you.

"Shh, I'm here." He whispered, you were in bad shape.

"How do you know her?" Jake asked as Steven tried his best to wipe the blood away from your face with his sleeve.

"I worked with her at the museum, I fancied her there for a while. But when everything happened obviously we lost contact." He replied looking sadly at your face.

"Well, we obviously have a new enemy." Marc grumbled making Steven sigh.
After a few minutes, Layla came through the front door with a bag of Medical supplies.

"Layla, thank you for coming." He said as she rushed over and looked down at you.

"What happened to her?" She asked, kneeling and looking over your wounds.

"She was left at our door, I used to work with her. She had a note on her that said a little girl." Steven said as Layla nodded.

"Looks like you have a new enemy." Layla muttered while Steven watched nervously.
He ended up sitting across from you and watching while Layla stitched up your entire body.

"She'll mainly just need rest, and you'll need to change her bandages every two days. You might need somewhere else to stay, considering your enemy knows where you live." Layla said as Steven nodded.

"Marc has an emergency apartment we can go to." Steven said as Layla nodded.

"I'll leave some first aid stock for you to use, don't let me know where you go. You need to stay under the radar." Layla said before greeting them goodbye and leaving.
Marc decided he would take over and bring everything to the new apartment.
He did his best to stay under the radar, all while carrying you in his arms.

He eventually made it to the emergency apartment and gently placed you on a bed.

"This is your emergency apartment? It's bloody better than my apartment." Steven said making Marc chuckle softly.
Marc heard you groan softly and he couldn't stop Steven from coming out.
He knelt beside you and ran his hand through your hair.

"Y/N, it's okay. You're safe." He whispered as you slowly opened your eyes.

"They wouldn't stop..." You whispered as he looked at you sadly.

"Steven?" You whispered, finally focusing on him.

"It's me." He reassured you as you whimpered in pain.

"Someone was hurting me." You whispered as he looked at you sadly.

"Who hurt you?" He whispered running his hand through your hair.

"I don't know, I had a blindfold on. All they said is that they were punishing Moon Knight." You muttered as he sighed and nodded.

"What's moon knight?" You asked looking up at him.

"I'll explain later, you just need to rest now, Y/N."