Marc / Comfort

(he/him)

Marc was laying against your chest while you both talked.

"Did you ever want to have kids?" You asked as Marc went silent.

"Not really." Marc muttered as you ran your hand through his hair.

"I never wanted any kids either." You muttered.

"I couldn't fail a kid like that." Marc whispered as you looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean, darling?" You asked as Marc closed his eyes and went quiet.
You moved from behind him and made him sit up while you kneeled in front of him.

"Hey, look at me." You whispered as Marc looked down at you with a cold face.

"Talk to me." You said, resting your hand on his knee.

"I don't want to fuck up like my mother did or like I...like I did with my brother." Marc said as you saw tears in his eyes.
You immediately got up and sat beside him, you laid down and pulled him onto your chest, wrapping your arms around him.

"Oh, Marc." You whispered as he began to cry.

"I shouldn't still fucking cry about this shit." He growled as you continued to stroke your hand through his hair.

"Baby, you don't always have to be strong heroic moon knight. It's okay to be Marc, it's okay to cry and let your guard down. Especially around me. I love you no matter what, and I want to be here for you." You whispered as Marc buried his face on your chest.

"You can let it out, because I'm here. I'm always going to be here." You said before kissing the top of his head.
You continued to stroke his hair and whisper to him while he started to calm down.
Eventually his cries stopped and you looked down to see he was fast asleep.

"I've got you." You whispered, kissing his head again before closing your own eyes.

"You won't be alone again."