Steven / In The Dark

You were afraid and cold, your hands were bound together and there was a black bag around your head, tied around your neck.
You kept your mouth shut, you were terrified to move.

"Oh, bollocks." You heard a voice say as you gasped a little and froze even more.

"Um, hello? Are you alive?" The voice asked as you nodded a little.
You felt hands reach to your neck, making you flinch and panic.

"Its okay! I'm just getting this bag off your head." He said as he untied the bag from your neck and slowly took the bag off your head, making you close your eyes from the bright warehouse lights.

"Where did they go?" You whispered, looking up at him.

"Well, some ran away but we took most of the others down." He said as you nodded a little.
He reached down and began to untie the restraints around your wrist.

"Do you know your name, love?" Steven asked as you nodded a little.

"Y/N." You whispered making him smile.

"Maybe we get you down to the police station and find your family." He said before you grabbed his wrist and shook your head.

"No! No please, please Mister. Please don't, I don't...I can't go back, please don't make me." You cried out as he looked at you in shock.
His mask retracted as he looked into your eyes.

"Shh, it's okay. I won't take you there. But, I don't know where else you can go, sweetheart." He said as you still held onto his wrist and cried.
Steven glanced at his reflection, as if asking Marc for help.

"Let's take her back to your apartment, maybe she'll feel more safe." Marc suggested as Steven nodded.

"Why don't we go back to my apartment? And then from there we'll decide." He said as you looked up at him in shock.

"I don't want to." You whispered as Steven looked at you sadly.

"I promise you'll be safe, you have my word that you won't be harmed. I have a friend that I could call, her name is Layla. Would it help having another woman around?" Steven suggested as you nodded a little.

"Alright, I'm just going to reach for my phone and call her." He said grabbing his phone and dialing Layla's number.

"Marc, Jake or Steven whichever it is, it's 2am." Layla said into the phone making Steven sigh.

"I'm sorry, love. But, it's an emergency. I'll send you the address, I need you here. There's someone I've rescued and she would feel more comfortable if you were here." He said as Layla thought for a bit.

"But she doesn't even know... Oh, alright I'll be there as soon as I can, Taweret shouldn't mind." She said before hanging up.
Steven hung up the phone before looking back at you.

"She'll be here soon. For the time being, I don't really have much on me but this sharpie." He muttered pulling the pen out of his pocket.
He handed it to you as you looked at him in confusion.
He placed his hand out in front of you.

"Why don't you draw something on my hand?" He suggested as you opened the pen cap and began drawing small shapes on his hand.
It was a weird notion but somehow Steven thought maybe just focusing on drawing small shapes would help you calm down.
After a few minutes you both heard a noise and Steven saw you tense up.

"It's okay, it's just Layla." He said as the woman came around from the corner and looked to Steven.

"Y/N, this is Layla." Steven said as you nodded a little.
Layla smiled and offered you a small wave.

"It's nice to meet you, so where are we heading?" She asked as you slowly stood up.

"I'm taking her back to the apartment, from there will figure everything out." Steven said as Layla nodded.

"Let's get going."

--

You'd made it back to Steven's apartment without a hitch, you were still on guard.
But, you were starting to see that Steven wasn't going to hurt you.
You were still confused about the white suit.

"Okay, why don't we get some food?" Steven said going to the kitchen. Layla told you to sit down at the table as you watched Steven busy around the kitchen.

"So, can you tell me why you were in that warehouse?" Layla asked as you looked down at your hands.

"It was just the halfway point." You whispered as she looked at you in confusion.

"I don't understand." Layla said as you shook your head.

"Nothing." You muttered as Steven gave you a cup of noodles.
You looked down at it silently.
Layla took Steven away from you as you poked around at the noodles.

"Something about this doesn't seem right, keep your guard up around her." Layla said as Steven glanced at you, seeing you looking at the noodles with confusion.

"She seems innocent and afraid." Steven muttered as Layla looked at you too.

"She could be faking all of this, just keep your guard up okay Steven?" Layla said before going back over to you.
She sat beside you as you began to eat.

"Steven told me he had to take down a lot of men in that warehouse, can you tell me who they were?" Layla asked as you grabbed the cup and your hands began to shake.

"No." You whispered as Steven quickly stopped Layla.

"Layla, it's okay. We'll handle all that later." Steven said as Layla nodded.

"Would you be okay if Layla left now? Or would you like her to stay?" Steven asked, he knew Layla was starting to stress you out.

"I trust you." You whispered to Steven, making him smile.

"Just message me later, okay?" Layla said before leaving.
You went back to your noodles and kept silent.

"You don't need to be worried about all those questions for the time being, okay? I'll do anything to make sure you feel safe." Steven said making you smile a little.

"Do you have any chocolate?" You muttered making him chuckle.

"Plenty, love."