Yandere / Overreaction

You laid in your bed softly hugging yourself as you cried quietly.
You hadn't slept through the night, after a punishment from Jake you were too distraught to sleep.
You rubbed your eyes when you heard the door opening.
You quickly covered yourself with your blanket.
Jake entered with a bowl of cereal to see you under your blanket.

"Mi ángel, you need some breakfast." Jake said as you shut your eyes tightly and gripped the blanket.

"I don't feel like eating, please." You whispered, your voice shaky.
Jake resting his hand on your shoulder as you felt tears in your eyes.

"Please, it hurts too much." You whispered as Jake slowly peeled back the blanket.

"What do you mean?" He asked, you could tell he was getting annoyed already.
You cautiously sat up and lifted your shirt to show him the dark bruises he had left.

"It hurts." You whispered as he looked down at you.
All three of them were in shock.

"Well, mi amor. This is what happens when you don't listen." He said sitting down as he saw tears building in your eyes.

"You went too hard on her, Jake. Look at her, she's terrified." Marc whispered in his head as he sighed.

"I'm sorry." Jake whispered as you looked up at him.

"It's fine." You whispered, before looking away.
Marc and Steven knew you were scared of them now. They knew it would take weeks to build your trust again.

"I shouldn't have gone so hard on you, angel. When I saw that you'd snuck out, my mind snapped. I was terrified I would lose you. I shouldn't have hurt you." Jake said as you continued to look away from him.

"Can I be left alone?" You whispered as Jake looked at you sadly.

"Okay, love. Come out whenever you're ready." He said before leaving you alone in your room.

"What the hell did you do, Jake!" Steven shouted making Jake groan.

"I thought I was doing the right thing! I thought punishing her would make her understand!" Jake shouted back at Steven in the mirror.

"It didn't work on Marc as a child, why would you think it would work on her?" Steven growled, he was beyond angry.

"I said I was sorry, Steven. What more can I do to help her forgive me?" Jake responded as Steven glared at him.

"You can let me take over until she isn't terrified of you." Steven growled back making Jake sigh.

--

About three hours later you finally came out of your room.
Steven looked up from his book and quickly stood up.

"Y/N. You okay, love?" He asked as you shuffled your way to the kitchen.

"Could I make some soup?" You whispered as Steven nodded.

"Of course, sweetheart. Do you want some help?" He asked as you shook your head.
Steven stayed around the kitchen, watching over what you were doing.

"Darling, I want to talk about what happened." Steven said as you sat at the table with your soup.

"It's okay, I understand what I did wrong." You whispered as Steven pulled his chair around to sit next to you.

"No, baby. I'm not angry at you, Jake is in the wrong here, not you. It wasn't good of you to sneak out, but we would've just spoke about it. Jake overreacted and hurt you, and he shouldn't have." Steven said as you looked up at him.

"I was scared." You whispered as he looked at you sadly.
He cupped your face and kissed your forehead.

"Oh, darling. I'm so sorry I wasn't there. You're safe now, okay? You'll never be hurt again." Steven said as you nodded.
You leant in and gave him a hug, making him smile.

"Thank you, Steven."