Marc / Young reader

Marc was grocery shopping, he grabbed all the bags and was about to get back onto his bike when he felt someone grab his arm.

"Can you help me?" He heard a voice say as he looked beside to see a young girl in a hoodie with bruises covering her face.

"Are you okay?" He asked, he could see you were looking back into the shop nervously.

"Please, I need help. Please, just take me somewhere. Anywhere." You whispered as he looked down at you.

"Do you want me to call the police?" He asked as you gripped him tighter and shook your head.

"No, no please. I tried, I tried to tell them but they, they. Please please don't let him see me." You said as you began to cry.

"Hey, it's okay. Can you tell me who it is?" He asked as you glanced behind you.

"The man in the black coat, he knows I'm not there. He'll find me soon, he's my father." You replied as Marc nodded.

"Okay, I'll get you back to my place and we can work it out from there." He said as he quickly placed his helmet on you and secured it.
He knew you must be desperate if you were going to any stranger.
Thankfully it was Marc and not someone worse.
He got onto his bike and you climbed on behind, suddenly you heard your father shout out.

"Go, please!" You shouted with desperation as Marc quickly started the bike and sped off.
You held onto him as tight as you could, sobbing while the wind whisked passed your face.
After a while, the bike stopped, but you continued to grip onto Marc.

"Hey, it's okay." You heard him say as he tapped your leg.
You pulled away from him and wiped your eyes.

"Come on, we can go up and I'll get you something to eat." Marc said as you nodded, you handed his helmet back to him before following him.

"I'm Marc, by the way." He said as you headed into the elevator.

"My name is Y/N." You whispered making him smile and nod.
You made it into his apartment and he told you to sit down on one of the couches.

"Is there anyone I can call? Maybe distant family." Marc asked as he handed you a packet of chips and one water.

"No, I don't have anyone, and my father would find me." You whispered as he nodded and sat across from you.

"We'll work something out, okay? Was your father abusive?" He asked, you continued to stare at the food in front of you.

"He said he loved me, but...but I would watch tv and there were families on there and the father never treated the kids like my father treated me. I don't understand." You whispered as Marc's heart practically broke.

"I know, it must be hard to understand all of it. My mother was the same, she wasn't a good woman and what she did to me wasn't justified. And what your father did to you will never be justified. Okay?" He said as you nodded a little.
He knew you'd never had anyone on your side, you reminded him of himself when he was younger.

"He'll call the police, everyone will look for me. My Father will bribe them all." You whispered as Marc thought for a moment.

"Well, we could change your name, maybe dye you hair and make sure he never finds you." Marc suggested as you looked at him in shock.

"Why would you do that for me?" You asked in a whisper as he smiled.

"Because I know what it's like, and I wish I had someone on my side all those years ago. So, you can count on me, okay?" Marc said as you smiled and nodded.

"Thank you."