Yandere / Ideal Situation

What made them so special?
What made them think they were above you?
You were supposed to protect everyone in the system.
But, you didn't.
You ended up here, captive in an apartment.
But, sometimes you thought it was for the best, they could protect you and especially protect Leya and Alice who were young and needed someone older to help them.

"Love?" You heard a voice call out as you looked up to see Steven awake.
It was 3am in the morning and you were looking out at the moon.

"It's Y/N." You muttered he he nodded.
You knew he'd be disappointed, you weren't as affectionate as the others.

"Why are you awake, sweetheart?" He asked as you continued to stare out of the window.

"This is the only time I get quiet." You whispered as he nodded.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?" He asked, you finally looked at him.

"If you're awake, maybe we can have some tea together." You replied, making him smile happily.
He ran off to the kitchen and began to boil the kettle, making you chuckle softly.
He came back after a few minutes and handed you a mug of tea.
You held it in your hands as Steven sat across from you and looked at the moon.

"Do you miss Khonshu?" You asked as Steven turned to you.

"I don't, that's for sure. But, I think Marc and Jake do sometimes. I think that's why they're so harsh of you sometimes, they get a bit pent up." He said as you scoffed.

"Yeah, I know the feeling." You said, making Steven look at you sadly.

"You're doing a good job, Y/N. Protecting the other three." Steven said as you smiled a little.

"Sometimes I second guess myself." You whispered, Steven looked at you and offered you a small smile.

"I know the situation isn't ideal, but being here with us has been the safest and most comfortable you've all been." Steven replied, you hated it but he was right.
You and Steven talked until the sun came up and you yawned a little before you rubbed your eyes.
Just from the change in demeanour, Steven knew you'd switch.

"Bed time, papa?" Alice asked making Steven smiled softly.

"Yes, sweets. Let's get you tucked in." He said reaching out and taking Alice's hand and leading her to her room.
He helped her get settled into her bed before she cuddled into her teddy and closed her eyes.

"Sleep well, darling. I'll see you later." Steven said as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

--

Marc came in about 4 hours later to see someone waking up.
He knew it was Leya when she looked sad and quickly covered herself with blankets.

"Babygirl? I made you some lunch. Do you want to come out?" Marc asked as he sat on the side of her bed and rested his hand on her shoulder.
Leya barely ever spoke, Marc was used to it by now.
She uncovered herself and nodded a little, making Marc smile.
He grabbed her favourite fluffy coat and helped her put it on before giving her hee teddy.
She stumbled out of her room and sat at the dining table.

"When you're finished, sweetheart we can watch a movie together." Marc said, glancing at Leya to see a small glimpse of happiness in her eyes.

"Thank you." She whispered making Marc smile.

--

Leya ended up cuddled into Jake now who was watching Leya's favourite movie for the 100th time.
He didn't mind though, he loved when Leya would whisper along to some of the scenes.
Maybe life wasn't perfect here, maybe it was ideal, but Y/N knew it was the best for everyone.