Kitten / Yandere

"We've tried everything, she has all the stuffed animals in the world." Steven said as he spoke to Marc in the mirror.

"Steven, that doesn't explain the kitten in your arms." Marc said as Steven chuckled a little.

"I found her on the street, what if we give her to Y/N? Maybe a pet would help her come out of her shell and not be so nervous." Steven said, doing his best to keep his voice down because you were still asleep in his bed.

"Steven, I don't know if this is a good idea. A kitten is a big responsibility." Jake chimed in making Steven sigh.

"It will keep her busy, especially when we have to go away on missions." Steven said as Marc groaned.

"Fine." Marc grumbled as Steven smiled brightly.

"Thank you!" He shouted before he heard you groan.
He quickly rushed over to you and saw you waking up.

"Love! You're awake, I have a surprise for you." Steven said excitedly as you sat up and wrapped your arms around yourself.
Steven held out the small kitten as you looked at her in surprise.

"I don't understand." You whispered as you cautiously reached out and brought the kitten to your chest.

"She's yours now, love. She needs a home and I know you'll take the best care of her." Steven said as he saw tears in your eyes.

"Can I name her?" You whispered making Steven smile.

"Of course, sweetheart. Any ideas?" Steven asked as you smiled and looked down at the kitten.

"I think I'll name her Peggy." You whispered, brushing your finger over her tiny head.

"It sounds perfect, why don't you two get acquainted and I'll quickly go to the store to get supplies." Steven suggested as you looked at him excitedly.

"Okay, thank you." You said before Steven kissed your forehead and left.
You stared down at the kitten as you giggled softly.

An hour passed and Steven returned with four grocery bags filled with supplies for Peggy.

"I think she's hungry." You muttered, bringing her over to Steven.
He prepared some warm cat milk in a dish before directing you to sit Peggy down on the bench.
He noticed how cautious you were with her, it made him smile softly.
Peggy quickly lapped up the milk as you smiled.

"Thank you, Steven." You said before you hugged him, making him smile and wrap his arms around you.

"That's okay, angel. You promise to take good care of her?" Steven asked as you nodded.

"Of course!"

Steven's plan had worked, but now he found himself growing jealous of a cat.
He knew it was a wonderful thing for you to come out of your shell, but he wanted you to show him some of the same affection.
He sat beside you on the couch as he watched you talk to Peggy.

"Can I hold her for a bit?" Steven asked as you nodded and cautiously handed Peggy to Steven.
He noticed how closely you would watch Peggy, making sure she was okay.
He noticed you leant into him while watching Steven pet Peggy.
Steven smiled and wrapped an arm around your shoulders.
You yawned and closed your eyes, cuddling into Steven.

"Sleep, love. I can take care of her." He said as you nodded and relaxed your body.