Steven X Reader

His days seemed to drag on the last few months.
He loved meeting people who loved his writing, but some days it dragged on and felt a bit like deja vu over and over.
But one day changed when he looked up to see a young woman hugging his book to her chest.

"Hello, love." He said as she blushed, smiled and placed the book in front of him.

"Hi, you're really talented." You whispered making him chuckle softly.
He could see how nervous you were.

"Thank you very much, dear. What's your name?" He asked as you played with your hands nervously.

"Y/N." You responded as he signed the book.
He could feel Marc and Jake around, knowing they would be looking you up and down.
He couldn't stop thinking about how innocent you looked, and how easily someone could just attack you.
He quickly snapped himself out of his thoughts and handed the book back to you.

"Have a wonderful day, love." He responded as you nodded and ran off, making him chuckle.

--

Steven didn't stop thinking about you all day, he thought he wouldn't see you again.
But while he was packing up all of his stuff he saw you sitting on a couch at the front near the door.
You looked nervous still.
He grabbed his bag and mustered up the courage to walk over to you and ask if you were okay.

"Everything okay, love?" He asked as you looked up and your eyes widened.

"O-Oh, I'm okay! I'm just waiting for my brother to pick me up." You said, he noticed how afraid you looked.

"Mind if I wait with you?" He asked as you blushed again and nodded.
He sat beside you as you smiled.

"Did you have a good day?" He asked as you nodded.

"It was amazing! Your books have really helped me, and to meet you and see everyone else that loves your books too." You said with excitement in your eyes as he smiled softly.

"I guess reading your books and following along with what you were up to, it made me feel less alone." You muttered looking away from him.
He was about to say something before the automatic doors opened and he saw you freeze.

"Y/N! Get in the fucking car, father is fucking furious at you!" A man yelled at you as you flinched a little.

"I'm sorry, Aaron. I just wanted to go to this convention." You muttered before he grabbed you and dragged you out.
You cast one last glance at Steven before your brother shoved you into the car.
Steven didn't have any say in this matter anymore, Marc had seen it all and he was furious.

--

You'd been sent to bed with a beating and no dinner like usual.
You didn't regret sneaking out, you'd met Steven Grant after all.
You heard your window open as you sat up in your bed and looked up in fear.
Suddenly a man jumped in and you scurried away before realising it was Steven.

"Steven? What...what are you doing here?" You asked in confusion.

"I'm not Steven, but he's with me. I'm taking you away from this place. Pack up anything you want to take." He said as you looked at him in fear.

"I-I can't, sir. My father would worry." You said as Marc's face softened.

"Do you really want to live like this? With your brother and father abusing you?" He asked as you looked down at the floor.

"No...but I have to. They love me and they'll worry if I'm gone." You whispered as Marc sighed and came towards you.

"Has anyone ever shown you affection? Or taken care of you?" He asked slowly reaching up to hold your face and stroke his thumb over your cheek.
He knew how touch starved you would be.

"I'm scared." You whispered as he offered you a small smile.

"You won't ever need to be afraid again."

--

You sat on a small chair in Steven and Marc's giant modern house, trying to stop your hands from shaking.
You heard them returning but when you looked up you noticed his face was different.

"Steven?" You whispered as he rushed over to you and knelt in front of you.

"Oh, love. Look at all these bruises. I'm sorry, all of this must be so confusing." He said, resting his hand on your knee.

"I don't understand anything. I mean, I went to go meet my favourite writer. We talked, I went home and then the other guy inside of you came and took me." You whispered, wrapping your arms around yourself.

"I know, sweetheart. I saw you with your brother and I knew you were being abused. Marc saw it to and decided we needed to get you away from him." He said as you smiled softly and nodded.

"Are you going to hurt me?" You whispered as Steven returned your smile, reached up and cupped your face.

"Never, my love."