Marc / Nightmare

Marc awoke to the sounds of screams, he'd never moved so fast in his life.
He looked beside him to see you gripping at the sheets and your face twisted in pain while you screamed.

"Y/N!" Marc screamed in fear thinking the worst, that's when he noticed your eyes were closed and you were in the middle of a night terror.
He knew that if he woke you up it might make it even worse, but seeing you in so much pain made his heart break.

"Love, it's okay." Marc whispered as he gently rested his hand on your shoulder.
You screamed and shot up in bed, pushing Marc away.

"No! Get away!" You screamed as Marc backed away, trying to touch you would make it worse.

"Baby, it's me." He said as you cried out and looked at him.

"Marc?" You whispered as he smiled sadly.

"It's me, love." Marc said as you tried your best to catch your breath.
You covered your face as Marc watched your body shake.

"Is it okay if I come closer?" Marc asked as you nodded slowly.
He moved closer to you and gently rested his hand on your knee.

"Nice and easy, sweetheart. Just breathe." He whispered as you did your best to focus on him.

"I don't ever want to go through it again." You whispered, Marc looked at you sadly as you rested against him.

"It's not fair." You whispered as Marc wrapped his arm around you.

"I know, baby. You didn't deserve any of it." He replied as you looked up at him.

"Neither did you." You said making him smile sadly.

"But we've got each other now, love. And I'll protect you no matter what." He said pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"I might not have a superhero suit, but I have a pocket knife and a very special set of skills." You said making him laugh.

"You're an idiot." He whispered as you chuckled and cuddled in him.

"I love you too."