Extended Family

You and Eddie Munson have been inseparable since pre school, joined by the hip ever since you first met. Your dad has been best friends with Eddies uncle Wayne Munson since they were teens in Hawkins High School. This meant you and Eddie became best buddies by default from an early age and spent the majority of your childhood together, rarely being seen one without the other. You and Eddie were brought up side by side as you are both the same age and you were there for all of each others 'firsts'.

Your dad and Wayne always hang out together at your family home, sipping beers, watching football and talking sport until the early hours of the morning. You and Eddie could be found running around the house, playing in the garden, swinging as high as you could on the swing set in the back yard. And when your little legs grew weary, you dropped to the ground where yous played and fell asleep right on the spot.

This close knit friendship had continued for years, with regular sleepovers at your house on the weekends; sleeping wherever you crashed and laid your heads. Your Mom would have to carry you both upstairs to bed and tuck you in together, placing a gentle kiss onto both of your foreheads. Your dad and Wayne could often be found snoring loudly on the sofa in front of the TV which would still be blaring late night sports news.

Your mom smiled to herself as she tidied up the chaos of toys scattered across the house and garden, carnage created by you and Eddie throughout the day. She would clear the beer bottles the men had been drinking and toss blankets over each sleeping body, switching off the TV before heading to bed herself. She loved having Eddie and Wayne around, they were like your extended family. Every Sunday your mother would cook you all a big Sunday Dinner; it was a family tradition, all sat around the dining table together eating and chatting, Wayne and Eddie never missed it.

Your mom helped Wayne to raise Eddie and did all the motherly tasks Wayne didn't do, but not for lack of trying. Eddie's father was in prison and his mother wasn't in the right mind set to look after him as a kid, that's when Wayne stepped in and raised Eddie himself. Wayne is a caring and selfless man, he tries his absolute best to raise Eddie, even though they are alone together in a small trailer with only Wayne's small salary from working at the plant to keep them afloat. Eddie looks at Wayne as his father figure, having never really known his real dad. You, your mom, your dad and Wayne are all the family that Eddie has in his life.

Your mom and dad do everything they can to pitch in and support Wayne to raise Eddie. They welcomed the idea of you and Eddie being best friends, Wayne spent so much time hanging around with your father it was inevitable the two of you would become close as well. They see Eddie like a son and love him just as much as you do.

As you and Eddie grew older and toys no longer interested you both, you found new interests together. You both love horror movies and would sit upstairs in your bedroom on the weekends, hiding under the bedsheets, shaking like leaves in the wind, trying to be brave and convince yourselves you were not scared half to death of the terrifying scenes on the small TV in the corner of your room, it was the thrill that you both loved so much. You were never truly scared when you had Eddie by your side. 

Eddie learned to play the guitar, he would sit on the end of your bed strumming the strings all night, practicing and perfecting his skills. You loved to watch him playing, you would sit and watch for hours while doing your homework and also completing Eddies homework for him too. Eddie loves heavy metal music and is really passionate about his favourite bands, he wanted to grow up and become a Rockstar one day. This lead him to lack when it came to school work, he didn't think he would need to be good at math to rock out on stage all over the world with his band someday.

You and Eddie lay together, cosied into your bed, whispering and giggling quietly together late into the night in your moonlit bedroom until sleep took you both off to dream land; only to be woken by your mother cooking pancakes for you all in the morning. You would always wave good bye to Eddie and Wayne from the front porch as they drove back to their trailer the morning after.

This became such a regular occurrence that it was the complete norm for you all, two families joined together with strong bonds and a whole lot of love for one another. You and Eddie were truly best friends, nothing could ever break you apart, so you thought.

*This chapter and the next couple are a bit short but I'm really just trying to give you some basic background to set up my story. Thank you for reading*