Nice To Meet You

You and Eddie slide into the red leather booth of your favourite diner, you sit side by side and eagerly await the arrival of Wayne and his mystery woman. Wayne's arm is still in a cast but he will be back to work next week so he felt like he had no choice but to tell Eddie about his girlfriend as she's been hanging around the trailer a lot while Eddie has been basically living with your family, but now that he'll be back home more, he's sure to bump into the mystery woman. You're so excited to meet her, your mom was telling you all about her and she sounds lovely, like the perfect woman for Wayne. Eddie's leg bounces under the table, he's a little anxious about meeting her, he doesn't want to give off the wrong impression. He's aware that the way he looks can make people think a certain type of way about him before he even speaks, he hopes this isn't the case with his Uncle Wayne's girlfriend as he doesn't want to scare her off.

The bell on top of the entrance door dings as it swings open and in walks Uncle Wayne with one arm in a cast and the other arm around a tall. skinny blonde woman's waist he is guides her to enter the diner before him. You grin and wave excitedly at the couple, Eddie raises his hand ever so slightly to give a quick wave of acknowledgment to his uncle as they approach the table. You quickly jump from your seat to shake hands with the mystery woman, Eddie slides out of his seat and stands awkwardly behind you.
"Y/N this is Jenny, Jenny this is Y/N." Wayne's husky voice announces, gesturing to the lady by his side. You grab her hand in yours, grinning widely up at her.
"Jenny, lovely to meet you!" You tell her.
"Hi, so good to finally meet you too, I've heard all about you!" She beams.
"Only good things I hope." You giggle.
"Of course, of course!" She tells you. You move aside to let Eddie meet her now.
"And Jenny this is Eddie." Wayne introduces her to his nephew. You can tell how anxious Eddie is, he's struggling to keep eye contact and his shoulders are slumped, you pat his back swiftly as a quick reassurance.
"Eddie, I've heard so much about you. Wayne never stops talking about you and.. Corroded Coffin? Am I right?" Jenny grins as she reaches a hand out to shake Eddie's.
"Yeah yeah, Corroded Coffin." Eddie smiles as his ring clad, calloused fingers wrap around Jenny's delicate, red painted fingernails hand.
"Well, that's the hard part over." Wayne huffs a laugh, "shall we order? I'm starving." He tells the group as he gestures for Jenny to sit first before he slides into the booth next to her. You and Eddie take your seats again across the table from them.

"Bet you don't even need to look at the menu Ed, huh?" Wayne laughs, peering over the top of the menu at his nephew.
"Nope, you know me, I'm a regular here." Eddie laughs.
"Me and Ed have been coming here since he was just a little kid, he has always ordered the exact same thing, every single time." Wayne explains to Jenny and she laughs.
"Well if you're a regular here, you can tell me what's good?" She asks with a smile.
"Well uh, I always get the chilli burger with extra cheese. But the pancakes are awesome too." Eddie grins.
"Mmmm, pancakes sound good to me." Jenny says as she reads over the menu.
"I'm starving, think I'll have a chilli burger too, with loaded fries." You say as you lick your lips.
"Someone's hungry." Wayne laughs.
"I'm a big girl." You giggle. The waitress is over to take your order, you all order variations of milkshakes to go with your meals. Eddie gets a double chocolate milkshake and you get one with strawberries and cream.

"So tell me more about your band." Jenny asks Eddie as she takes a forkful of her pancakes.
"Well, we started off in my friend Gareth's garage, we practised at any chance we had, began playing at small dive bars around Hawkins, eventually got the Friday night spot at The Hideout and more recently the Saturday night spot at The Red Door which is in the next town over." Eddie tells her as he scoffs into his chilli cheese burger, she doesn't even bat an eyelid when Eddie talks with his mouth full and spills food down his tee.
"Wow, that's great Eddie! Sounds like you guys are really talented, I'd love to come watch you play." She beams. Eddie smiles politely, you hand him a tissue to wipe his chin.
"Ooops, sorry, messy eater." He chuckles shyly as he cleans himself up.
"That's okay, when the food is this good you've just gotta dive right in." She laughs, stuffing her own mouth with pancakes like a hamster which makes the whole table laugh.