Corroded Coffin

(it's a long one, grab yourself a snack lmfao)
—————

It's now Tuesday, the day of the gig at the local bar. You didn't need to convince Chrissy to attend the Corroded Coffin gig with you tonight, she was more than willing to attend with you and watch the guys do their stuff on stage. Since Saturday, Chrissy and Gareth had exchanged phone numbers and she had been unplugging her home phone, taking it up to her bedroom every night and chatting over the line to Gareth into the late hours. They were definitely more than friends although neither of them had admitted it yet, their cheeks became very flushed whenever you or Eddie teased them about it at school.

You knew not to push too hard though, Chrissy had dated a couple of jocks before but Gareth had barely even spoken to a girl outwith class projects or family before, never mind dated one. And especially not one like Chrissy Cunningham, arguably the most popular girl in school.

She didn't consider herself as popular or the 'Queen of Hawkins High' as some people had named her. Although, since her run in with Jason and her now sitting with you at the Hellfire table, that title was beginning to slip. Chrissy couldn't have cared less. She now considered the Hellfire boys as her friends and so did you. Everyone got along so well together, the laughter never stopped when you all met up in the cafeteria at lunchtime.

"Soooo, are you ladies excited to see us rock out on stage tonight? Prepare your minds to be blown!" Eddie says, his smile so wide it crinkles his eyes.
"I can't wait Ed! I've only ever heard you play at home on your own and I am excited to see you up there on stage!" You beam at him, your smile just as wide as his own.
"You guys are gonna be great, I know it!" Chrissy says, her voice sweet like honey as she smiles at Eddie and then her gaze settles on Gareth who is sitting across the table from her. He smiles at her, with the sweetest and kindest eyes; you've never seen Gareth like this, he is putty in Chrissy's little hands. You giggle to yourself, nudging Eddie under the table with your foot and he already knows what you mean, he smiles as he watches the exchange between both of your friends.

"What are we gonna wear though Y/N?" Chrissy worries, "I mean you're all, rock chic and everything now. But I'm gonna look so out of place at a metal gig." She huffs a laugh.
"I'll let you borrow something, I can give you a makeover!" You exclaim, excited to transform your bestie much like the transformation you've gone through yourself.
"Oh god, should I be worried?" She giggles, seeing your excited expression.

"You'll look great no matter what." Gareth suddenly pipes up. Everyone at the tables eyes shoot to him now, a few wide eyes and jaws dropped at his very public compliment. He stutters, cheeks burning red like he didn't mean to let his comment slip out in front of everyone.
"Whatever... I mean... like... no one will care what you're dressed in." He tries to recover. Chrissy doesn't let this dampen her smile at Gareth's sweet compliment, she can see he feels embarrassed though so she nudges his foot with hers under the table as a quiet thank you.

After school, it is makeover time for Chrissy. She drives you both to your place and you run upstairs to start digging through your wardrobe for outfit options. You're pulling things off of hangers and tossing them out of your closet and onto your bed where Chrissy nervously awaits the transformation from high school sweetheart to sexy rockstar chick.
"I've got it!" You shout, approaching Chrissy with a top and skirt clutched in your hands, handing them to her before digging through your drawer and pulling out some fish net tights, tossing them into her lap. Her jaw drops, eyes wide and staring at you.
"Fish nets?! Y/N!" She shouts at you, shaking her head before laughing. "I can't wear this!"
"Pleeeease try it on first! You never know, you might like it!" You beg her. She shakes her head with a smile on her face.
"Fine, fine! I'll try it on but I'm making no promises to wear it." She laughs before slipping out of her cheer uniform and into the outfit you planned for her.