Saturday Night In

You follow Eddie into his trailer, Wayne is on night shift at work tonight so he won't be home til tomorrow morning. You kick your shoes off by the door and the first thing you do is call your mom to let her know you're having dinner with Eddie and that you might not be home tonight so she shouldn't wait up for you. You rarely spend time at Eddie's trailer, it's a lot smaller than your house and it's stuffed to the brim with clutter, it's just the two of them here so it's very manly and lacks a woman's touch. You don't mind it though, it's cosy and homely, the perfect place to be sheltered on a rainy night, you think to yourself.

Eddie is rummaging through the fridge and all the cupboards, looking for something for you pair to eat for dinner. He's no chef so he's looking for something simple enough that he won't burn the trailer down.
"Mac and cheese or.... Mac and cheese?" He laughs with a huff, holding up a box of dried macaroni cheese that only requires added water and heating up on the stove.
"Hmmm, I think I'll have the... Mac and cheese!" You laugh, taking a seat at the small dining table to watch Eddie work away in the kitchen.

While he's cooking, if you can call it that, you decide to use his home phone again to call Chrissy as you reckon she'll be home by now too. You lean your arm against the wall and hold the plastic spine of the phone again your ear, listening to the dial tone before someone answers on the other side.
"Hello, Cunningham residence." The voice says.
"Hi, Mrs Cunningham. It's Y/N, is Chrissy home?" You ask.
"Oh hello Y/N, yes she is. Would you like to speak to here? Didn't you talk enough today at the mall together?" Chrissy's mum laughs.
"I just have a...homework question that's all." You lie, laughing quietly as Eddie smirks.
"Let me get here for you." The voice on the other end says before there's some rustling and a familiar voice beams through the phone.

"Y/N? What's up?" Chrissy asks, just as confused as to why you've called her when you didn't leave her too long ago.
"More like Chrissy, what's up? How was your drive home with Gareth, I need details!" You press, gesturing for Eddie to come over and press his ear against the phone too so he can listen.
"It was good.. we talked a lot. He's not so shy when you guys aren't around. He's actually..." Chrissy hesitates on the other end of the line, "really sweet." She admits.
"Awwwww!" You coo, "do you have a lil crush on Gareth?"
"Calm down Y/N, don't marry us off yet!" Chrissy jokes, "but yeah.. if I'm being honest I actually really like the guy. He's not what I expected. I originally thought he was a bit mean, maybe even scary. But he's as soft as a marshmallow underneath it all." She giggles, you can almost tell she's blushing on the other side of the phone.
"Sounds a lot like someone I know.." You tell her and allow your eyes to meet Eddie's as he is inches away from you, squeezing his ear up to the plastic phone. His face turns into a warm smile back at you and there's that familiar twinkle in his eye, he knows you're referring to him.

You and Chrissy chat about her and Gareth for a short while more, Eddie goes back to playing chef in the kitchen, desperately trying not to burn the contents of the mac and cheese box in the pot on the stove. He grabs two plates, two forks and two glasses from the cupboard above his head and lays them out on top of the small dining table. You eventually end your conversation with Chrissy and tell her you'll see her at school Monday. Just as you set the phone back into its hook; dinner is served.

Eddie slops heaped spoonfuls of the pasta onto each plate before discarding of the empty pot by the sink. He grabs the two glasses and fills them to the brim with water from the kitchen tap before carefully placing them back down onto the table.
"Bon Appètit!" He tells you in his best French accent, placing one arm in front of his stomach and one arm gesturing to the dining table as he bows dramatically. This earns him a giggle from you as you take your seat at the table, he swiftly takes a seat across from you.