A Mothers Love

"Y/N, honey?" Your mom calls from the front door as she enters into your apartment, your door wasn't locked since it's still early in the evening, so she just let herself in.
"In here mom," you shout to her from your position standing in front of the sink with your rubber gloves on, scrubbing a pot clean after having Robin over for dinner. She enters the kitchen silently and removes her coat, hanging it onto a dining chair. She turns to you as she crosses her arms over her chest, looking at you expectantly. You side eye her.

"What are you looking at? Why are you here?" You ask her and it comes out more bluntly than you'd intended it to.
"Just had a very worried Eddie on the phone," she raises her brow at you, "do you want to tell me what's going on?" She asks.
"Nothings going on, Mom." You sigh as you move the clean pot onto the drying rack with a 'clang'.
"That's not what he tells me, he says you're ignoring his calls." She leans against the kitchen counter, not taking her eyes off of you for even a second, you can tell she's trying to read you; she's good at that.

"Yeah well, there's a reason for that, did he fail to mention it?" You scoff, turning to throw a sarcastic look at her before focussing your eyes back on the bubbly water your hands are submerged in.
"He said you had a silly argument and now you won't talk to him. That's not like you Y/N, I know you're usually on the phone to him for hours every single night since he's been gone. Now you've just began ignoring him, what did you argue about that would warrant you treating him this way?" She says and you can hear the tinge of disappointment in her tone.

You lift your hands from the bubbles, dripping water carelessly onto the floor, you pull off your gloves and toss them carelessly onto the counter as you turn to face her.
"He went out for dinner with some other chick." You spat, mimicking her position with your arms now crossed over your chest, "what do you think of that? Does that give me reason enough to ignore his calls?" You ask her, tilting your head just slightly, your jaw is tensed.

"Oh," her face falters and her hands drop to her sides loosely, "I don't understand, he went out for dinner with another girl?" She asks you confusedly.
"Yep." You say bluntly before leaving the kitchen, she follows you into the lounge.
"I don't understand, why? Who?" She asks, shaking her head and waving her hands in front of her as she paces around the lounge trying to make sense of it.
"Some girl that works for Nova Records," you huff as you throw yourself onto the sofa, "they went and got some food after work." You explain.

"For god sake Y/N." She breaths out and shakes her head at you, rubbing her closed eyelids with her thumb and finger. You look at her with a puzzled expression, it wasn't the reply you thought she'd give.
"What's that supposed to mean?" You scoff, staring at her with a crumpled brow.
"Eddie went for a bite to eat with someone he works with and you're ignoring his calls because of that? Come on Y/N, you're better than this." She tells you sternly when her hands on her hips.
"Excuse me mom," you raise your voice, annoyed that she's about to take his side on this, "it wasn't just one of the guys it was a girl! A girl called Alice, who's caused an issue with us before!" You remind her.

"She didn't really cause an issue that time before though did she Y/N, you just got yourself all worked up over nothing," she begins, "you've done that a few times now haven't you?" Your mom says as she sits next to you on the sofa.
"Yeah well," you begin, "this time it's different, he actually did do this and I know he did because he told me himself. I mean imagine the cheek of it, I'm sitting here waiting for his call and he's out having dinner with some chick I don't even know! It's just not fair, how could he think that's fair? To keep me waiting, to keep me wondering and he-" You ramble bitterly before your voice begins to crack, your mom immediately throws her arms around you.

"This isn't really all about Alice, is it darling?" She whispers in your ear as you cry onto her shoulder, you shake your head.
"I miss him so much mom." You sob.
"I know baby, I know," she comforts you, "and he misses you so much too, he sounded worried sick on the phone when he called me, all he wants is to talk to you sweetie." She tells you.