Clearing The Air

You spend the whole night apologising to Eddie repeatedly for not believing in him and for thinking he would do such a thing to you, even though he's stated before that he would never, ever dream of cheating on you. His reassurance and promise does mean a lot to you, but at the end of the day, you're just a girl and unfortunately our brains seem to be programmed to distrust even the most loyal of people, as men have shown us time and time again, why not to trust them. But Eddie isn't other men, he is a different breed altogether and you do know this. He is a sweetheart and a gentleman right to his core. He is a rough around the edges, metal head, slightly intimidating person for sure, but he has the biggest heart and the softest nature, you wouldn't have him any other way.

Now that things are thankfully fixed between you both, and you thank the stars above that it turned out not to be him in that parking lot, you realise you have a bit of explaining to do to your parents and also Chrissy; who were just as heartbroken as you. You called your mom just to let her know you wouldn't be home tonight but that you would explain all to her after school tomorrow. You just wanted to spend your night with Eddie without having to constantly retell the whole situation and explain what really happened to everyone, you still feel like such a fool.

You snuggle together in his dimly lit bedroom wearing a pair of his boxer shorts, his baggy Iron Maiden tee and nothing else. Eddie wears even less than you, just a pair of blue and white gingham boxer shorts that give you butterflies, especially after the afternoon you've spent with him, making up for the passed two days. Eddie sparks a joint between his lips, taking a long drag and holding it in his lungs while he lifts his acoustic guitar onto his lap, he then exhales a cloud of white.

"Want some?" He offers you.
"Sure, why not." You smile up at him and grip the joint between your fingers, taking a small draw as Eddie begins to strum seemingly aimlessly on his guitar, before you begin to recognise the rhythm. He begins playing your song, So This Is Love, in an acoustic version which you've never heard him play before. His voice is like rough yet velvety as he sings each word directly to you and you puff on the joint, holding it up to his lips for him to have some too. He blows out smoke before singing,
"All the other girls, they'd be put to shame
Over the edge and here I stay
Got me on pins and needles, and she knows,
She's mine and I ain't letting go."
You smile smugly at his handsome face and bite the inside of your cheek, you love the fact he's written this specially for you and love it even more when he sings it just for you, it makes you feel like the only girl in the world.

He finishes and you give him an exaggerated applause, handing him his joint back.
"Thank you," he inhales a draw, holding it in his lungs, "why thank you, I'm here every night." He jokes and blows the smoke into the air.
"I love that song so much, even more so when you sing it like that, just for me." You smile.
"I pretty much just made that up as I went along," Eddie laughs, "I haven't really played it as an acoustic version before." He tells you.
"Well, you did very well indeed." You say in a silly accent that makes you both giggle.

He carefully places his guitar onto the floor again and moves his hands towards you, you grab his busted up knuckles and inspect them further.
"What happened?" You ask him quietly. He sighs.
"Fleetwood fucking Mac happened." He laughs, watching you softly caress his sore fists.
"Uhhh, what does Fleetwood Mac have to do with your busted knuckles?" You chuckle softly in confusion as you hold his hands gently.
"Well," he sighs, "your dad had just basically pushed me off the porch and told me you didn't wanna see me so I was already pretty fucked in the head. Then when I was driving home my stupid brain came up with all sorts of reasons why you wouldn't wanna see me.." he pauses and you feel that pang of guilt again, sure you'd been an emotional wreck but imagine how Eddie felt, he didn't even know what he'd done wrong. A tear pricks your eye but you manage to blink it away. "Landslide started playing on the radio and I just- well I just freaked out.. Made a real mess of the stereo too, gonna have to replace it." He huffs a small laugh before clearing his throat. You raise his damaged hands to your mouth and kiss them delicately, he smiles and lets out another sigh.
"I'm so sorry..." You whisper again.
"Babe, you need to stop apologising. Let's just put it behind us." He says, pulling you against his bare chest and kissing the top of your head.