This Is How It Feels

~ 1 week later ~

Your brow is slick with sweat and your red lipstick has been smudged by the glass of Jack and Coke you've been sipping, but you barely care. You're having an absolute blast with your friends, Chrissy, Robin and Steve, at Corroded Coffins show at The Red Door. Weekends have never been better, you love to spend your Friday and Saturday nights watching the band do their thing on stage, attracting more and more fans every week. You can't believe they started off in Gareth's garage, you look at them now and beam with pride at how far they've come.

The boys only have a couple more songs left to play. Eddie begins playing your song, you clutch your chest to stop your heart from escaping it and falling into the palm of Eddie's hands, you  sway along to the words and gaze down upon your sweaty, rockstar boyfriend as if you were the only two people in the room. Hearing him sing these lyrics never get old, you're literally weak at the knees when he blasts the guitar solo mid song, he glances up at you without missing a single chord. It seems to get better and better every single time you hear it.

You've come up with a plan. You have decided that you're going sneak down the private staircase that leads from the VIP section you're currently in, to back stage where Eddie will be straight after they finish up, to surprise him. They're nearly onto their last song now so you are about to slip off without anyone noticing, you don't want them questioning where you're going or where you've been and you plan on stealing your boyfriend away for some 'alone time' in a closet or something backstage, you just can't wait until you're home, you want him now.

They're still playing their last song, Chrissy, Steve and Robin are singing along to the song and bobbing their heads along to the beat so you don't think they'll notice you slipping away. You grab your drink and sneakily head through the door that leads downstairs to backstage to surprise Eddie when he comes off stage. When you get down there you can barely hear a thing, the rumble from the amps on stage vibrates the entire ground beneath you.

There's black cases that hold the instruments and kit stacked along the narrow corridor before there is an open space scattered with old set lists and empty beer bottles left behind from the many bands that came before. You spy what seems to be an empty closet, so you sneak yourself in there and wait for the band to finish, you plan to grab Eddie before he gets a chance to head up to VIP and you hope the guys won't notice until he's already missing.

You stay in the dark closet for a few more long minutes, you sip on the last dregs of alcohol from the icy glass in your hand and then use your fingers to try and fix your smudged lipstick and then pat your hair back down into place to try make yourself look a bit more presentable, even though you know Eddie couldn't care less what you look like. He practically looks like he's been dragged through a bush backwards, in the wild rain, when he comes off of stage soaked in sweat. You hear Eddie shouting through the mic,
"Thank you all for coming out tonight, we are Corroded Coffin and good night!"

You bite your lip and grin, excited to play out your little plan and surprise him. You can hear the boys coming back stage, putting their instruments into their cases and packing up their belongings, they all sound buzzed. Then you hear them head out the back doors to fill Jeff's van with the equipment for him to take back to his place tonight. You open the closet door just ever so slightly ajar so you'll be able to see the boys, but they won't be able to see you, before they head up the stairs to VIP and that is when you plan on grabbing Eddie, pulling him into this private, dark space and devouring him.

You wait with baited breath, you see a flurry of bodies moving passed the door you're hiding behind but you didn't see Eddie among them, you hear them excitedly climb the stairs to join the rest of your friends in VIP. You squeeze your head out of the closet to check that the coast is clear, thinking Eddie must still be back here busy doing something before going upstairs to meet you, so he thinks. You move stealthily through the backstage space, not seeing any of the guys around anymore, not even Eddie. You can hear the music from a playlist now being played over the bars sound system, there will be no more live music tonight and the bar closes in around an hour.