What You Don't Know 'Can' Hurt You

A/N - It's a long one, get comfy!

You wriggle yourself awake with a throaty grumble and a dull pounding in your head. All of the muscles in your body ache uncomfortably when you stretch yourself out from top to tail with a yawn, no doubt caused by the vigorous events that took place in this hotel room more than once yesterday, both before and after the drama at the bar. Oh, the drama at the bar, you rudely remind yourself, making your headache instantly worsen.

You peek one heavy eyelid open just enough for the piercing light beaming in from the floor to ceiling window to partially blind you for a second. You rub your dry eyes delicately with your fingertips, another yawn slipping from deep within, before you open them completely and allow the sun streaming in from the glass to warm your face. Eddie snores soundly beside you, his bangs sticking up unruly around his face like a crown. It almost makes you laugh.

But with the morning comes the harsh reality and realisation. The sex, be it incredible, was a distraction from the events at the bar. Was it an intentional distraction from your boyfriend, you wonder as you trace the tattoo upon his chest lightly with your pointer finger. There are many unanswered questions from last night, things you never got to ask him because you were so all consumed by his touch and lust and love and well, his length.

Why did Alice turn up to the bar already hammered? Why did Alice feel the need to place her hands on him? Why did Alice find any excuse to touch her body against his? Why did Alice make snarky comments seemingly to spite you? Why did Alice say those words, what was it again, you rub your temples and wrack your brain trying to remember them.
"Your man? Honey please."

You roll onto your back, away from Eddie and stare at the white washed ceiling. You can hear her voice as clear as day in your mind now, "Your man?" and "honey please" swirl around in your brain as well as that stupid smirk on her face that you kind of now wish you'd slapped right off. But you remind yourself that you didn't want to cause a scene, you didn't want to end up arrested, 'cause if that moment got any more heated or if she made one more comment about your man, you're sure that's where it would've ended.

Eddie was right to pull you away in that moment, but he wasn't right about just about anything else in the bar last night. You didn't once notice him shrugging her hand off of his shoulder, or throwing her an uncomfortable glare when she swayed almost into his lap more times than you could count, he didn't tell her to stop when she basically dry humped his leg at the bar.

In fact, he was more angry at you in the aftermath, saying you shouldn't have put hands on her and wondering how he would diffuse the situation at work after you yanked her by the hair. After all, she's worked for Nova Records a lot longer than him, she's a valued employee. Where does that leave him and his reputation with the label?

You begin to feel nauseous as your brain is consumed with unanswered questions. You jump out of bed and make it to the toilet as quick as a flash to empty the contents of your stomach, once and then twice. You wipe your watery eyes and flush before standing in front of the grand, mirrored basin and taking in your dishevelled appearance.

Your hair is still ever so slightly damp, reminding you of the sweet aftercare that Eddie had lovingly given you after some harsh, but enjoyable, sex. Your makeup has been removed though at least, you wonder if Eddie had wiped it off for you in the bath or after, you can't quite remember, but you know that's an Eddie kind of thing to do, he's so good at caring for you.

No Y/N, stop it, you tell yourself. Don't get wrapped up in your love and admiration for him, the man has some serious questions to answer this morning when he wakes. If the shoe had of been on the other foot and Eddie had watched some dude throw themselves at you all night and make sly digs at him, you know for an absolute fact that he would not have stood back and allowed it, he would've decked the guy, no questions asked.