Knight In *Not So Shining* Armour

The school bell chimes out, way too loudly, to let all the students know that lunchtime has begun. The corridors flood with students of all ages, rushing to be first in queue at the cafeteria for the lunch ladies famous mac & cheese which you have the admit, is the best you've ever tasted.

You and Chrissy strut down the halls towards the cafeteria, chatting away to each other before being interrupted by the feeling you're being followed. And of course you are. It's Jason, the little lost pup who can't take no for an answer and is always at your heels.
"Hey ladies," he says as he squeezes himself in between you and Chrissy. "Didn't see your car in the lot this morning Y/N, thought you were maybe off sick." He says. He looks for your car in the parking lot? You think to yourself. Weird.
"I got a ride this morning." You tell him bluntly, looking ahead of yourself and never looking directly at him.
"Who gave you a ride?" He quickly asks.
"Uh, none of your business?" You laugh and Chrissy joins you, laughing at your sassy comeback.
"Fine, be like that. I don't care anyway." Jason says, voice flat and face expressionless as he joins the queue for the famous cheesy pasta dish, making sure he is before you and Chrissy in line, what a gentleman, not.

Your lunch tray now holds a portion of world famous mac & cheese, a shiny red apple and a bottle of still water. You and Chrissy head towards your usual spot on the cheer table, when you suddenly hear your named being called out by a familiar voice, that you would recognise anywhere, Eddie. You place your tray down at the table beside Chrissy before turning and waving at Eddie, grinning from ear to ear with a smile only reserved for him. He gives you an elegant, royal wave back, like the Queen of England before he gets distracted by Dustin; one of the younger members of Hellfire, who seems to be giving him bad news or something as Eddie gives him a death stare before lunging over and messing with the young boys curled hair, causing the Hellfire club to all erupt into their usual shouts and loud guffaws. You laugh to yourself before taking your seat at the cheer table and digging into your lunch. You can feel a set of eyes almost burning a hole into your face from across the table, Jason is glaring at you, his eyes shooting from you to Eddie in quick succession.

Lunch is almost over,
"I'm just nipping to the bathroom." Chrissy tells you as she jumps up from her seat and smooths down her cheer uniform, before taking her tray away from the table leaving you sat there with other cheer members and some of the jocks. She tosses her rubbish into the trash, leaving the tray stacked with the other dirty ones, before she leaves the lunch hall heading for the bathrooms. You barely lift your eyes when you feel a body placing itself, a little too close, on the chair beside you. You don't need to lift your eyes to look, you already know that it'll be Jason Carver. He was just waiting for Chrissy to move from her seat so he could swarm in and sit beside you.

There's a conversation going on between the girls and guys of your table but you don't join in, you just stare off into the distance and sip on your water.
"Some of the group are going to the cinema later on tonight," Jason says, nudging your arm lightly from his spot beside you, "you fancy it?" He asks you.
"I'm busy tonight, sorry." You politely decline.
"Oh come on Y/N, lots of us are going." He tries to convince you.
"If there's lots of people going then you don't need me to come." You tell him flatly.
"I don't need you, I want you." Jason flirts back.
"Ohhhh Jason, give up, please." You roll your eyes at him.

"Why would I give up, I like the chase.." Jason whispers into your ear, sending shivers down your spine and definitely not the good kind; more like nails down a chalkboard, gouge your eyes out kind of feeling. You instantly shuffle away from him to create some well needed distance.
"Stop being so fucking frigid Y/N." Jason laughs loudly and move closer to you again, closing the distance you had created.

"Fuck you, Jason." You mutter, almost a whisper.
"What was that, didn't quite hear you there?" He jokes, as he cups his ear to exaggerate him listening. You've seriously had enough of his advances, you must've turned him down at least 50 times or more. You've had enough of his shitty jokes, of him thinking it's ok to touch you, to sit beside you, to even talk to you when you clearly don't want him to, something snaps.
"I said..." You stand up and stare down at him, looking right in his blue eyes, "FUCK YOU, Jason." You shout the words, knowing everyone in the cafeteria would hear them, hoping maybe that would do the trick and he would leave you alone.