Retail Therapy

You and Chrissy skip excitedly through the mall, going in and out of each store, trawling through the rails of clothes.
"What kinda thing are you looking for?" Chrissy asks you while she searches through a huge rack of messily hung clothes, not entirely sure what she's supposed to be hunting for.
"Hmmm," you ponder, finger tapping on your lip, "think rockstar girlfriend aesthetic, a little grunge maybe. Nothing too crazy but definitely a statement." You tell her, with a mental image in your head of how you want to look now that you're playing into this new found experimental confidence.

"Wow," she says, eyes wide. "That sounds.... Sexy!" She tells you and walks over to another rack of clothes that are mainly coloured black. She's pulling out items, holding them up for your approval and you either shake your head or nod, adding to the ever growing pile of things for you to try on in the fitting rooms. You are literally sweating from all the pulling and tugging of clothes from where they are tightly packed on the hangers of each store.
"Oh my god, this is not a want, it's a need!" You tell Chrissy with an excited tone as you hold up a black leather jacket with silver metal hardware.
"That is so freaking cool!" Chrissy says, eyeing up the jacket you're clutching.
"And it's gonna look insane with these!" She says as she shows you a pair of blue denim jeans that she found.
"Changing rooms, now!" You say, collecting the pile of items you want to try on and hurrying your way to the back of the store.

"Are you ready?" You shout to Chrissy who is waiting on the other side of the curtain.
"Ready!" She sings. You step out from behind the curtain and her eyes shoot open wide,
"Oh no, do you hate it? Do I look stupid?" You ask her, noticing the expression on her face. You are shyly patting your hands along the jacket and jeans, thinking maybe you'd gone too far. Chrissy slowly stands and puts her hands on your forearms, spinning you so that you're facing a long floor to ceiling mirror.
"Y/N... you look insane!" She screams, jumping up and down behind you while staring at you in the mirror.

Wow, you think to yourself as you stare at the mirror, barely even recognising yourself. But your stomach almost feels like it's full of butterflies, you feel a huge surge of confidence in yourself and you can hardly believe your eyes. You feel amazing, you feel hot! You quickly slip on a pair of black boots that are on the 'to try on' pile. Now you're standing a few inches taller with the heel of the boots below you, but you feel 7 foot tall right now, you feel on top of the world in your new style. Chrissy quickly wraps a belt through the loops of the jeans and secures it for you, nodding her head in approval as she steps back and takes the whole outfit in, her eyes scanning your body head to toe.

"I mean, I don't think you'd get away with the sheer top at school

"I mean, I don't think you'd get away with the sheer top at school.." Chrissy giggles, pointing to your black lace bra through the sheer material of the top you had on underneath the jacket.
"Definitely not!" You laugh, "I'll be putting the top back on the rack. But I absolutely love everything else!" You tell Chrissy.
"I know what top would look cute.." Chrissy tells you, raising her brows at you.
"What were you thinking?" You ask her, facing her now.
"One of Eddie's band tops, oversized, you could tuck it in." She winks and giggles. You softly push her arm.
"Oh shut up, I can't go about wearing his clothes!" You laugh, but you do actually think that would look cool.
"Why not, we share clothes? I mean, he's just a friend... right?" She says with a knowing grin.
"Exactly...Just a friend... so I suppose I can share clothes with him too.." You say hesitantly, turning back to look at yourself in the mirror. Chrissy steps away, closing the curtain as she shouts,
"Next outfit!"