Nurse Jenny

"Okay, soooo, how are you with blood Y/N?" Asks Jenny as she rushes down the busy corridors of Hawkins Medical Centre with you hot on her heels, trying your best not to bump into the doctors and nurses who are buzzing around the place like busy honey bees.
"Uhhhh, I don't really have an answer for you. I've seen a lot of blood and gore in movies but not as much in real life. Nose bleeds and skint knees are as far as my experience goes, Eddie was always a clumsy kid." You laugh breathlessly as you follow her through the narrow corridors.
"Well let's see if you can stomach this, nothing crazy, I'm just going to draw some bloods here from Mr Adams." Jenny tells you with a smile as she gestures for you to enter the patients room with her. There's an older gentleman sat in the hospital bed, he's elevated enough so that's he's in a comfortable seated position so he can read his newspaper. He peers over the top of his glasses as you both enter the room and he drops the paper onto his lap.

"Ahh, the lovely Jenny again! What a treat." Mr Adams says with a smile.
"Yes it's me again, aren't you sick of me?" Jenny jokes with the man before she lifts the clipboard from the end of his bed and ticks a few boxes with her black ballpoint pen.
"Of course not, you're my favourite." The man grins widely as he folds his paper over and tosses it to the end of the bed, out of the way.
"Let me introduce you to Y/N Y/L/N, she's a student at Hawkins High and she's shadowing me today to see if nursing is something she may consider studying after she graduates. She'll be here while I draw some blood from you if that's okay Mr Adams?" Jenny asks him as she begins scrubbing her hands clean in the sterile sink in his room.
"You're learning from the best then Miss Y/L/N, feel free to watch, I don't mind." Mr Adams smiles at you.
"Thank you!" You reply.

Jenny has prepped for the task at hand and has everything ready to go, she's unwrapping the sterile needle and is ready to stick it into a juicy vein on Mr Adams' arm.
"You alright back there?" She asks you over her shoulder as you closely watch her every move.
"Uh-huh." You reply.
"Uh oh, you're not squeamish are you?" Mr Adams chuckles.
"Guess we are about to find out." You laugh back.
"Sharp scratch." Warns Jenny as she pierces the skin and begins to draw blood from his arm, he doesn't move an inch, clearly this isn't his first rodeo or Jenny is just really great at her job.

"All done." Jenny tells him as she removes the needle and replaces it with a band aid.
"See, easy peasy, just like that." Mr Adams smiles at you.
"Yeah, that wasn't so bad!" You chuckle lightly, happy with yourself for not feeling grossed out by the first sight of blood.
"Results will be back in the morning Mr Adams, I'll be off the clock by then but Doctor Fitz will be in to see you, alright?" Jenny says to the man.
"Okay Jenny, hope you have an easy shift ahead. Nice to meet you Y/N, hopefully you're not put off of nursing forever after tonight." He laughs.
"Hopefully not," you chuckle, "goodbye Mr Adams." You wave as you follow Jenny out of the room. The sprinting begins again, she was so calm and collected in front of her patient yet so manic and rushed when in the corridors, racing off to her next patient as you run behind her.

"Chest still causing you havoc Mrs Bell?" Jenny asks as she enters the next room, you follow behind. The middle aged lady sits up to attention on her bed and lets out a barking cough.
"Worse than it worse yesterday Jenny I tell ya, this damn cough will be the death of me!" The woman complains as she grabs a tissue and wipes her mouth.
"Oh now Mrs Bell, don't you worry yourself we will have you mended in no time. Now this is Y/N Y/L/N, she's my shadow for tonight and will be observing me while I work on you, is that alright?" She asks the lady as she washes her hands vigorously once again.
"Fine by me darling." Mrs Bell smiles before having another coughing fit.

Poor Mrs Bell, you think to yourself, that cough really sounds painful.
"Alright, let's have a listen." Jenny says as she places her stethoscope against Mrs Bells chest and then her back, she stares off into the room as she concentrates.
"Breath in....breath out....once more for me.... Okay, good." She says as she pulls the stethoscope out of her ears and allows it to dangle around her neck again.
"How's it sounding Jenny, like there's a pack of growling black bears in there?" The woman jokes.
"Doesn't sound any worse than it did last night which is a positive, means you're not getting any sicker. The medication we've got you on should start taking effect over the next few days and make sure to use the inhaler we've provided you with, okay?" Jenny says with a smile as she ticks off some boxes and writes some notes onto Mrs Bells clipboard before placing it back where she pulled it from.
"See ya tomorrow night I guess." She says to Jenny.
"Good night Mrs Bell." Jenny says before rushing out of the room.
"Nice to meet you!" You smile and wave as you follow her, the woman waves back at you.