We Aren't Getting Any Younger

Eddie basically lives alone at the trailer now that Wayne is always at Jenny's house, you sleepover with him there almost every night apart from the nights that he sleeps over at your place instead. You genuinely can't remember the last time you slept without him and you wouldn't change it for the world. You can't imagine trying to fall asleep without him by your side, you're sure you'd struggle without the warmth of his body and the sound of his breath. Your parents and Wayne don't mind, all the rules have been broken now and no one has bothered to reinstate them, meaning sleepovers are a free for all even on school nights.

Wayne called the trailer earlier today while you and Eddie were busy studying. Well, you were busy studying while Eddie was busy doodling on his textbook. Wayne asked Eddie if you and him would like to come over to Jenny's place for dinner, Eddie of course agreed as there is nothing in the trailer to eat anyway so he was grateful for the offer of a proper meal. Wayne gives him the address and tells him to be there for 7pm. You're so happy for Wayne and how well things seem to be going for him and Jenny, they're kind of like you and Eddie in a way, they spend all their time together and yet never seem to run out of things to say, they never seem to get bored of one another which you believe must be what true love is with none other than your soulmate. You consider Eddie to be yours, you wonder is Jenny is Wayne's.

Eddie pulls the van up outside of Jenny's address. It's a quiet street, not far from your own house. It's a white, two story house, the front door is painted red and her car is parked on the driveway alongside Wayne's truck. You didn't want to go over empty handed, so Eddie brought a pack of beers with him, not quite a fancy bottle of wine but it'll do, you thought to yourself. You both stand at her front door and ring the bell, you instantly hear footsteps approaching from the other side. The door swings open and orange light floods out onto the door step, the smell that hits your nose is incredible, it smells like fresh bread.
"Hey guys, come in, come in!" Jenny says with a grin, ushering you and Eddie inside of her home.
"Hey Jenny, something smells delicious!" You tell her as you remove your coat, she takes it from you and hangs it on the rack by the door.
"I've been baking bread!" She says with a smile.
"Hope Wayne helped out." Eddie laughs as Jenny takes his coat for him and places it with yours.
"He was key supervisor." Jenny jokes, "through here." She gestures for you pair to follow.

Her home is cosy and homely, exactly how you thought it would be. It matches her warm personality perfectly. There is a painting on almost every wall, photos of her on her graduation day, photos of her in her nurses uniform with her work colleagues, candles, ornaments and lots of trinkets cover the floating shelves.
"What a lovely home you have Jenny." You tell her as she leads you into the kitchen.
"Thank you Y/N, it's my castle!" She says.
"Hello there, young ones." Wayne says, he's standing by the stovetop mixing something in a pot.
"You feeling okay Uncle Wayne.... You're cooking?" Eddie laughs.
"Well I'm not so much cooking as I am just stirring things around and trying to look like I know what I'm doing." Wayne laughs.
"Brought these, sorry it's not wine or something." Eddie laughs as he sets the case of beer down on the kitchen worktop.
"That was so kind of you, you didn't have to!" Jenny says. "Would y'all like one?" She asks the group. You all nod and say please.

Jenny cracks open bottles of beer for everyone and leads you through into the dining room where the table is set beautifully with silverware, glassware, napkins and a table cloth; it looks like a fancy restaurant you think to yourself.
"I'll be right out with dinner." She smiles, just before she leaves the room you say,
"can I help?"
"Don't be silly, you're my guest, please sit." She replies as she disappears leaving you, Eddie and Wayne alone.
"So this is fancy, is this what you've been treated to every night?" Eddie asks Wayne.
"Not every night no," he laughs, "but she's one of a kind I tell ya." Wayne says with a grin, sipping his beer.
"Her home is exactly how I imagined!" You tell him with a smile.