Teddie The Bear

You step out of the shower and wrap your dripping wet body in a white fluffy towel, shuffling your feet across the slippery tiles towards the sink where the mirror above it is steamed up. You wipe it with the back of your hand, just enough to see your own reflection in it. You don't look great, admittedly. You've not been sleeping too good recently, you weren't sleeping amazingly anyway without Eddie even before everything went down, but now it's just a whole lot worse. You've not been calling Eddie before bed like you had been and you miss staying on the line with him until you dozed off, running up an extortionate bill on his hotel room, courtesy of Nova Records, thankfully.

In fact, you've not called Eddie at all in the last couple of days. You have missed two calls from him, one on each day, but you hadn't bothered to return them. It's not because you don't want to, it's not because you don't care or don't want to speak to him, you're just still giving yourself some time and space. You know he won't be mad at you for ducking his calls, he knows how you're feeling, but that won't stop him from trying to contact you, at least it shows that he is always thinking of you, you tell yourself.

Just yesterday while you were volunteering at the hospital, a square shaped box with your name on it had appeared in the staff office. You hadn't gotten the chance to open it all day, you hoped no one had been nosey and peeked at it before you'd had the chance to take your lunch break. When you eventually got a half hour to grab lunch for some energy, you took the box in your lap and found a quiet corner of the room to open it in. You didn't want a big fuss from all the staff who were taking their break at the same time as you, you had a feeling this was going to be another gesture from Eddie.

You sat your boring chicken salad sandwich and hot cup of coffee to the side and opened the box to reveal a giant heart shaped cookie, decorated with pink icing and with the words 'I love you' written across it. You bit your lip and grinned like a fool when you seen it, feeling a warmth fill your heart.

You knew this had to be Eddie and it doesn't take a genius to figure out who he'd roped in to help get this gift to you

You knew this had to be Eddie and it doesn't take a genius to figure out who he'd roped in to help get this gift to you. After all, his Aunt Jenny works in the very same hospital that you volunteer at, so she could've easily snuck this in here where she knew you would see it. You hadn't really spoken to her in depth about what happened and you hadn't seen Wayne since it all went down. But she let you know that they knew all about it, Eddie had called Wayne and they'd had a very serious, long talk. They weren't mad at Eddie, just disappointed, like everyone else. They knew given time, things would work out just fine.

You brush your teeth and wash your face, applying a little dab of concealer to the dark clouds under your eyes and some mascara to distract from the pink, tinged bloodshot whites of them. You roughly blow dry your hair and throw it into a messy bun before tossing on some clothes, not truly caring much about what you're wearing, you've only got a couple of classes to attend this morning at college and then you're free for the rest of the day. You've not made any exciting plans, you've decided you're going to stop by the family video store to pick up some movies and binge eat in front of the TV by yourself all night.