Moving In Day

"Steve, steeeeve!" Screeches Robin, "help me, this box is heavy! I don't know what the hell is in here!" She complains and she grapples with a cardboard box, trying her best to lug it up the three flights of stairs to your new apartment. Steve takes two steps at a time, speeding to reach her and help before she drops the box in the stairwell.

"Jesus," he breaths out between his gritted teeth as he carries one side and Robin clutches the other, "what the fuck is in this box Eddie?" Steve shouts up to Eddie who is waiting by the front door, ready to run back down to his van and lift yet another box inside. Steve and Robin eventually make it to the top of the stairs and dump the box at his feet. Robin is doubled over with her hands on her hips, heaving oxygen into her lungs. Eddie tries to nudge the taped up box inside the threshold with his boot, but it's far too heavy.
"Jesus I dunno," he laughs, "rocks or something." Eddie scoffs before bending over to push it inside the narrow hallway of your new home.

"It's books," you giggle, joining them by the front door, "see, it says right here on the side." You point to the word 'BOOKS' written in sharpie.
"Like a whole library worth of books or..." Robin laughs as she recovers from carrying the heavy load.
"Just some of my favourites, I couldn't leave them behind!" You smile before pushing the box in the direction of the lounge to be unpacked by your mom who has been helping you out massively today, unpacking and organising all of the contents of the many, many boxes you're moving with.

Eddie, Steve and Robin continue emptying the van of all yours and Eddie's belongings until there is nothing left. Your dad and Wayne had been here this morning to help with the heavier stuff such as beds, a sofa and some furniture, some of which your mom and dad kindly let you take from your childhood bedroom and the rest you got lucky with in the reuse store, picking up pieces for a small cost to furnish the rest of the apartment.

"How's it going in here?" Says a breathless Eddie as he stands leaning against the doorframe, watching you and your mom work on making the house a home, stacking books and ornaments onto shelves around the lounge.
"Going great," your mom stops for a moment and smiles at him, "was that the last box?" She asks him.
"Yep, last one." He sighs a long breath of relief before sluggishly walking over to the sofa and flopping down onto it.

"That'll be fifty dollars and a lung transplant please." Robin jokes as she throws herself down onto the sofa beside Eddie, still puffing and panting from the exertion of climbing what felt like Everest over and over again with way too many cardboard boxes.
"We can pay you in pizza," you giggle to her before folding up another empty box, "how does that sound?"
"That sounds fantastic right about now, I'm starved." She tells you.
"Me too." Adds Eddie.
"Me three." Laughs Steve as he joins you all in the lounge area, dropping his exhausted body onto the sofa.

"Hellloooo?" Calls a sweet melodic voice from the direction of your front door.
"In here Chrissy!" You shout to your friend. Her and Gareth have been out with Gareth's mom today so they couldn't help you with the move, although you're sure that was just an excuse to not be involved in the hard part.
"Oh my gosh, look at this place!" Chrissy beams as she enters the room, spinning around to take it all in, with Gareth by her side, "it looks so homely and cute already! You guys have done a great job!" She grins widely before wrapping you in her arms for a swift hug.
"Place is looking sweet man!" Adds Gareth as he bumps his fist with Eddie as a greeting.
"Thanks dude." Eddie smiles, hitting his ring clad knuckles against Gareth's.
"Well it's not finished yet," you sigh, looking at the boxes still to be emptied, "but it's getting there." You tell them, looking around at all your hard work so far.

" You tell them, looking around at all your hard work so far