You and Me

You huddle together under the warmth of a fluffy blanket on the sofa in Eddie's trailer in front of the TV, you can barely hear the movie that's on over the sound of the rain pouring down upon the tin roof. You're feeling a little worse for wear today after all the vodka consumed last night and the lack of sleep considering you and Eddie spent more than a couple of hours in the back of his van at Lovers Lake, pleasuring each other more than once; and it was so worth it.

You grab the TV controller and turn the volume up to maximum, but it's no use, the patter of the rain on the metal roof is too loud and leaves you unable to even hear yourself think, you groan and throw your head back against the sofa. Eddie rubs your thigh softly and looks at you with puppy dog eyes.
"Sorry," he apologises, "having a shitty tin roof over your head isn't ideal in this weather." He sighs and clenches his jaw in a tight lipped smile.
"It's okay, I just really like this part of the movie, that's all." You laugh softly, smiling up at him.
"It won't always be like this though." Eddie promises you.
"What do you mean?" You ask him as you shift your position to face him, one of your hands tangle in his hair to play with his waves softly while the other rests on top of his hand that rubs circles onto your thigh.

"I won't always live in a shitty trailer," he scoffs, "you won't always be kept up at night by the drunken neighbours arguing or the wind and rain rattling the place to no end." He says.
"Your trailer is not shitty." You tell him, turning his head so he faces you, "you know how much I love it here, right?" You say.
"So you say.." He sighs, not believing you.
"I do Eddie, I really do! Your home feels like my home, I've never felt more comfortable or safe than when I'm here, you know this, don't you?" You ask him, screwing your face up in confusion as to why he's saying all this. You've spent many days and nights staying over at Eddie's place, it truly is a second home to you just like you hope your house is for him. You wouldn't change a thing about it, even the stupid tin roof that spoils movie nights when the rain starts.

"It's just hard to believe you enjoy anything about this place." Eddie almost laughs and gestures to your surroundings.
"I love this place!" You tell him again.
"Well I'm gonna get a better place," he tells you, "just as soon as I can afford it, I'll get us somewhere better." He promises you.
"I don't need anywhere better, I'm happy here. Aren't you happy here?" You ask him.
"Yeah I mean, I grew up here, I've so many good memories with uncle Wayne here." He tells you.
"So what's the rush, you love it and I love it." You smile warmly at him.
"I dunno, I suppose I..." he pauses, "you just deserve better, that's all." Eddie says, his voice just a mere whisper.

"No no Eddie, baby.." You plead, "not this again.." You sigh, you grip his hand tightly in yours. His hands stop rubbing circles on your thigh, he's just frozen in place, unmoving as his eyes drift away from yours.
"You deserve better Y/N, you don't belong here in this trailer park." Eddie tells you, pent up emotion is written all over his face.
"I might not have grown up here like you, but that doesn't mean I don't belong here." You tell him sternly.
"Yeah, cause you grew up in the perfect, white picket fence family home, with two lounges and way too many bedrooms." Eddie scoffs. You crumple your face in confusion, wondering where this is all coming from and why that almost sounded like it was supposed to be an insult.

"Hey," you nudge his chest, frowning at him, "I don't know what's got you thinking this way Ed, but you don't have to lash out on me like this. Yeah, we grew up in different houses or whatever, but that means nothing to me and I've told you this before, haven't I?" You say to him, gripping his chin and forcing his eyes to meet yours once more. He just sighs, you see his body deflate.
"You should've been with a doctor or some shit.." He laughs but it's entirely false and forced.
"I don't want a goddamn doctor," you laugh, "I want rockstar." You smile reassuringly at him, "and a rockstar is what I've got." You lean forward and kiss his lips sweetly but he hardly returns the favour.