{Eddies POV}

I head back downstairs to help Y/M/N clear up after dinner, Y/N must've be exhausted so she is tucked up in bed upstairs getting some well needed sleep. Her mom is standing by the sink, washing the dishes already so I grab a towel and stand beside her to dry them off.
"You don't need to help me Ed darling, I've got it." She says with a smile.
"I don't mind, really." I tell her as I dry a plate and place it onto the worktop.
"Ahhh, you'll be a fantastic husband someday." She tells me and her words make me smile.
"I'll try." I tell her.
"I know you will, you're a good one Eddie." She says.
"Guess Wayne did a good job." I chuckle.
"He definitely did. He's a rare man your uncle Wayne, a fantastic human being." She tells you.
"Oh, trust me I know. I might've not appreciated him so much over my childhood but I've recently came to the realisation of how much he's given up for me." I reply.
"He wouldn't have had it any other way you know." She says.
"I know.. I sometimes feel a bit guilty though that he got dumped with me." I tell her.
"Don't feel guilty, you needed someone and he was more than willing to be that someone for you. He loves you like his own son." She replies.
"Giving up his home, his bed, his wages, his love life.." I list off all the things I believe Wayne has sacrificed in order to look after me.
"Who said he gave up his love life?" She questions with a grin appearing on her face.
"Wait... Is uncle Wayne seeing someone?" I ask her, by the look on her face I can guess the answer.
"I'm saying nothing!" She laughs.
"Oh you gotta tell me now! Who is it? Is it someone I know?" I press her for answers.
"My lips are sealed!" Her mom laughs, scrubbing a pot in the sink.
"How the hell didn't I know he's seeing someone? Where does he even find the time?" I laugh.
"Oh he finds the time alright." She giggles.

What Eddie doesn't know, is that Wayne has been seeing a lady for a few months now. He'd kept it quiet purely because he's a private man and didn't think it was a big deal. He also didn't want Eddie to feel guilty about living in the trailer with him, he doesn't want Eddie to feel like he has to leave his home in order to make room for a woman in Wayne's life. The truth is, sometimes when Wayne says he's off to work for the night he is actually headed to his girlfriend's house to spend the night with her. And while he's been in the trailer alone for the passed week with a broken arm, his girlfriend has been coming over more frequently since Eddie has been basically living at your house.

"That sneaky dog!" I laugh as I put the last dish away and her mom wipes down the countertops with a damp cloth.
"You know Wayne, he likes a quiet life, doesn't like a big fuss. You better not tell him I said anything!" She warns me.
"I won't say anything. But I wish he'd of told me, I would like to meet her of course." I tell her.
"He will tell you in his own time, I'm sure you'll meet her someday, she's lovely." She smiles.
"You've met her already?" I ask her.
"Yeah well, we've actually been out for a meal all together a few weeks back." She tells me.
"Oh so everyone knows about the mystery woman but me?" I ask in shock.
"He will tell you in his own time!" She tells me again as she laughs.

"Anyway, have you thought about what you want to do when high school is over?" She asks me. I sigh and slump into a chair at the breakfast bar.
"Not really. The weekend gigs are paying well but not enough for full time work so guess I'll find another job and juggle the two together." I tell her.
"Or maybe you'll hit the big time and be a full time rock star." She grins widely.
"That's the dream!" I laugh.
"And how do you see that working, with Y/N, if it were to happen?" Her mom raises a brow as she questions me.
"Well I would like to provide for her, I know she wants to go to college so maybe we could get a little place of our own. I'd be home as much as I possibly could, I don't wanna be apart from her ever." I tell her.
"That's what I like to hear. Maybe you could reassure her on that." She says as she pours herself a glass of wine.
"Has she said something about it?" I quiz.
"Oh you know what she's like, suppose she's just worried that you'll forget about her if you become famous." She tells me.
"I'd never forget about her. She comes first." I reassure her.
"I know that, don't put your dreams on hold for her of course, but let her know that she is a part of that dream you have." She tells me.
"Of course she's part of it, I couldn't imagine a future without her by my side. Thanks for letting me know she's been feeling like that, I had no idea. I don't want her to worry about something like that as it'll never ever happen." I tell her with a genuine smile.

It pains me to think Y/N has been having these thoughts and hadn't expressed her worry to me. How could I ever leave and forget about her, I wouldn't dream of it. I do want to go places with the band, of course I do, it's been my dream since I was a kid and I feel like I can almost grab it with two hands now that we are successfully filling out two bars every weekend and that graduation is getting ever closer and I'll be out of high school forever. But that doesn't mean I'll abandon Y/N to chase success, I want her by my side to enjoy every moment of it together if it ever does happen. I thought the promise ring I gave her would've reassured her that I'm here for the long haul, nothing could ever tear me away from her, but I can understand her worries. I'll need to have the conversation with her about it, I don't want her worrying about the future and potentially losing me cause that'll never happen, not if I can stop it.