Date Day Idea

The sun shines blindingly through the kitchen window as you perch on a stool at the breakfast bar, enjoying a hot caramel latte and reading over one of your moms lifestyle magazines. It's not something you'd typically read, but there isn't much else to do on a quiet Sunday morning. Your mom and dad are off to the farmers market this morning, much to your fathers dismay. Eddie is still sleeping soundly after another wild gig last night at The Red Door, the boys killed it once again. They performed 'So This Is Love' again last night and it just as special as the first time he sang it to you, you imagine the feeling of having your boyfriend sing a song he wrote about you on stage in front of hundreds of people will never get old.

You contemplate what to get up to today, it's nice weather outside so you don't want to waste it by lounging around indoors, even though doing nothing with Eddie all days sounds blissful. You flick through the pages of the magazine, sipping slowly on your coffee when you come across an article that lists 'Date Day Ideas', this peaks your interest. You shuffle in your seat and place your coffee down onto the table, you read over the article. "Bake a Cake" is the first idea on the list but you have no doubts this would end in a food fight with Eddie and you don't fancy having to clean up the mass of destruction he will no doubt leave in his path. The usual things are also listed like picnic at an idyllic spot, go to the movies, go to your favourite cafe for lunch etc. None of these spark your interest and are all things you do all the time together anyway. You've woken up feeling energised so you feel the need to get out and burn it off. "Take a Hike" is the next date idea listed, now this sounds like fun, to you anyway. Your dad used to take you hiking a lot as a kid, he still does it sometimes but you rarely go with him now that you're occupied with Eddie most of the time.

Your mind is made up, a hike it is and you know just the place to go. You head into the garage and grab your old hiking boots along with a pair of your dads for Eddie to borrow, there's no way he's hiking in his white Reebok high tops, you laugh to yourself. You grab a back pack and begin to fill it with snacks, knowing Eddie you'll likely need a lot of those, so you stuff in whatever you can find in the pantry. You pack two bottles of water, a picnic blanket so you guys can stop for a rest and also a flask of hot tea with two plastic mugs. You set everything by the front door and decide it's time to wake Eddie and share your plan with him, you don't know how he's going to react to a day of climbing steep hills, it doesn't sound like his idea of an ideal Sunday.

You creep into your bedroom where he still lays snuggled into a pillow as if it were you, purring like a kitten as he snores softly. His hair is sticking up in all directions as if he's been shocked by electricity, you have to hold back your laughter. His dark and long eyelashes rest peacefully against the peak of his cheeks, his nostrils flare just ever so slightly as he breaths deeply, his pink lips are rested in a slight pout. He's the most handsome thing you've ever seen, you think to yourself, even with his manic bed head.

You don't want to wake him, he looks so comfy and peaceful but you do also want to get going so you're left with no choice. You take a few large, bounding steps across your room and dive right on top of him, straddling his body, you hover just inches from his face, giggling like a toddler.
"Jesus H Christ!" Eddie grumbles as he's rudely awoken, "what time is it, why are you so hyper already?" He mumbles.
"It's ten thirty," you tell him, "now get up, I've got something planned for us." You smile before planting a kiss onto his lips and jumping back off of him to begin getting dressed for the day.
"Does that plan involve cuddling on the sofa and watching movies all day?" Eddie says hopefully.
"Nope." You answer quickly, "just get up and get dressed, let's go Munson." You say as you snap your fingers at him. He grumbles and rolls over, burying his face into your pillow.

You throw on some comfy sportswear and pull on one of Eddie's oversized hoodies over your head to keep you snug and warm. You pull on a pair of his thick socks, you know you'll need these to stop the blisters forming on your feet on the long hike. Eddie watches you confused.
"Where are you going dressed like that?' He laughs as he studies your unusual outfit and then he yawns widely.
"We are going hiking." You tell him with a grin.
"Nope. No. No way." He answers sharply, snuggling back into your bed again.
"Yep. Yes. Yes way." You reply, dragging the covers off of him and leaving him laid there in just his boxer shorts.

"Noooo Y/N, I ain't going hiking. That sounds like hell on earth." He complains.
"Well tough luck, it's a nice day out and I wanna go a hike! Unless you want to spend the day here without me...." You tilt your head to the side, almost threatening to leave without him.
"No," he objects, "I wanna be with you." He whines in a cute little voice that just melts your heart.
"Well I'm going hiking, so I guess you're coming too." You smile as you tie your hair into a messy bun. "Now brush your hair and get dressed, everything is ready to go, I'll meet you downstairs."
"You've packed stuff already? How did you know I'd come?" He laughs.
"Cause I know you'll do anything to keep me happy." You shrug with a knowing grin.
"It's true. Anything for my baby, even if it is hiking a stupid fucking mountain." Eddie chuckles. You laugh with him.
"It's not a mountain climb, it's a hike! Come on, get up. You'll enjoy it, I promise." You wink to him before leaving him alone in your bedroom to get himself ready.

You pack Eddie's van with the stuff you'll be taking with you on the hike, you've got your hiking boots already tied on your feet and you are sitting on the steps at your front door waiting on him. You hear his heavy footsteps approaching, you turn to see he's wearing a pair of skinny jeans, his white Reebok high tops and a Metallica hoodie, his hair is looking a little more tame than it was this morning.
"Skinny jeans Eddie, really?" You laugh.
"What, I haven't got any mountain climbing gear!" He chuckles as he steps out onto your front porch. You laugh and shake your head.
"At least swap your sneakers out for those." You tell him and point to the hiking boots that belong to your dad.
"You fucking kidding me, Y/N?" Eddie screws his face up.
"No I'm not kidding! We will be matching, see?" You point to your own pair of hiking boots. He scoffs and rolls his eyes.
"Fineeeee." He eventually agrees and swaps his high tops for the mucky boots. He tosses his shoes back into the hallway and closes the door behind him.

You both hop into his van, he starts the engine and begins to blast some Motörhead through the speakers.
"You know where Black Mountain trail is?" You ask him.
"Black Mountain? Thought you said this was a goddamn hike Y/N, that sounds like some sorta professional mountain climbers shit." Eddie laughs as he lights a cigarette and takes a puff.
"The name is a little intimidating," you giggle "but I promise it's not bad! I used to do it all the time with my dad." You tell him.
"Yeah yeah, whatever, I trust you." Eddie chuckles, "I know the place." Eddie sighs and begins driving in the direction of the trail. Clearly he has no notion of doing this today but he'd never turn down an opportunity to spend some time with you and you love him for it.