{Eddie POV}

That gig was a absolutely insane, probably the best gig we have played so far, we really gave it our all. The crowd fucking loved us, adrenaline is pumping through my veins right now, I've never felt more exhilarated or confident about the band. Fuck, I really think if noticed by the right person, we could actually go somewhere with his music shit. I take one last look out at the crowd, seeing a lot of regulars but also lots of new faces out there under the glare of the lights, clearly word is spreading about us and that can only be a good thing. I just can't wait to see Y/N and give her a squeeze, she's the first person I wanna see after a performance.

Me and the boys are all buzzing, literally buzzing, with adrenaline as we are about to make our way up the stairs and into VIP to meet up with Y/N and the gang; but Matt, the bar owner, pulls me aside. The boys all head on up to the VIP section, not even noticing that I'm no longer with them.
"Eddie, lemme talk to you for a sec." Matt says, directing me towards his office down a narrow corridor, he gestures for me to enter and then he shuts the door behind himself once we are inside. It's a simple office, small desk covered in clutter, security camera kit all set up in the corner, leather sofas, band posters covering every inch of the walls and a drinks cart stacked with fine whiskeys in the corner.

"Take a seat." He says without a hint of expression in his face. I begin to get paranoid, what does he want to talk to me about? I sit, my knee begins to bounce instantly, it always does when I'm nervous about something.
"What's up Matt? Nothing bad I hope.." I say, he takes a seat at his desk, rubbing his palms together before grabbing a pack of cigarettes from the top drawer and lighting one between his lips, tossing me the pack too. I take one, light it, inhale, exhale.

"Nothing bad," he laughs, my knee settles and my expression softens, "shit kid, you looked real worried there." Matt chuckles loudly as he puffs out a cloud of smoke.
"Well spit it out man, I gotta get upstairs to see my girl." I laugh, wiping my sweaty palms on my thighs.
"There's someone coming from Nova Records next week," Matt begins, he's peaked my attention, I sit forward to listen closer. "He might just be interested in hearing what you guys can do." He tells me with a smile.

"You're kidding me on right? Nova Records? Like the biggest label in Indiana? Nova fucking Records?!" I say shocked, almost choking myself as I exhale smoke from my lungs.
"No joke kid, I'm serious. So you guys better get practising or whatever, you need to be on the very top of your game next weekend if you wanna impress him. He's going round all the local bars that weekend so you need to stand out from the crowd." He tells me with a smirk.

"Fuck, yeah man. Jesus, okay," I blow out a loud sigh, shaking my head in disbelief, "I gotta tell the guys. We will practice non stop all week, I'll see if we can get something new ready by then too, hopefully that'll catch his eye. Fuck, I can't believe it, this could really be a chance for something big." I laugh in utter shock, I can't help the grin on my face, I just want to get upstairs and tell the gang.

"Now get outta here, get that pretty woman of yours back home." Matt dismisses me out of his office with a wink and a nod.
"Thanks Matt, seriously, for everything dude." I tell him as I step forward to bump his fist with mine.
"Don't mention it man, just don't forget me when Corroded Coffin make the big time, alright?" He laughs.
"Sure thing, sure thing." I grin, leaving his office and literally running for the stairs, I just need to see Y/N right now or I might burst with excitement.

I get up the stairs, I head through the door with the biggest grin on my face, excited to tell everyone the news but mostly excited to see my girl, she was looking especially sexy tonight and I just wanna wrap her in my arms and kiss her all over. I see everyone almost Gareth, Jeff, Steve, Robin, just to name a few; but no Y/N.