Bonnie & Clyde Part 2

(A/N:- some parts of this chapter will be recounting from previous chapters, this text will be in italics, feel free to skip these sections if you don't want to reread it - but bare in mind that there are some new sections in between those that you should not miss. Thank you!)

"Take a seat Miss Y/L/N, can I get you anything? Water, soda, coffee?" Hopper asks as you take a seat on a rickety old metal chair, placed by a wooden desk that holds a thin Manila folder as well as a bulky tape recording deck. You tuck your legs under said desk and pull the chair in closer to the edge, the chair screeches against the cold, concrete floor. You sit straight backed, legs folded under the table with your hands fidgeting in your lap.
"A water would be great," you manage to say through your dry throat, growing more anxious by the second.

Going your separate ways with Eddie out in the sterile lit corridor of pacing police officers was difficult, knowing just how anxious he was about not only his own questioning by the police chief, but yours too. All the while you tried your best to hold it together for him. But now that you're alone, the nerves spread throughout you like wildfire and obvious signs can be seen. The tremble in your hands, the sweat on the back of your neck and the way your knee bounces underneath the table is a sure giveaway to your fretting.

Hopper leaves the room for just a moment, presumably to grab you a water, giving you a short chance to gather your thoughts and prepare yourself for what is to come next.
"Come on Y/N, just breathe. You can do this, just tell him the truth. It's only Hopper, you've known him your whole life, stay calm..."
The temptation to grab the Manila folder that sits atop the desk across from you, where you assume Hopper will take position, is great. You wonder what it contains, what details Billy gave to the cops, what lies he has no doubt told.

Hopper re enters the room as quickly as he'd left it, breaking you from your trance, only this time he is holding a paper cup of water for you and a steaming mug of coffee from himself.
"Thanks," you smile tight lipped at the officer as he sets the cup down within hands reach of you upon the table, before taking his place at the opposite end of it. He sets his coffee down on the desk too forcibly, causing it to spill over the sides and onto the table, almost soaking the folder holding the all important documents.
"Shit, shit," he mumbles, pulling a handkerchief out of his trouser pocket to mop up the spillage, "sorry," he laughs.
"It's okay." You reply, quietly.

"Anyway," he sighs as he tucks the coffee stained handkerchief back into his pocket, settling himself down onto the creaky chair, repositioning himself a few times. He's a large man and it's a small chair, so it's almost impossible for him to feel or even look comfortable at all. His knees bump the underside of the table before he kicks his boots out below it, stretching his long legs out of sight. He clears his throat and takes a gulp of his coffee, giving you the chance to sip some water to wet your tongue before the questioning begins.

"Like I said this morning, you're not under arrest or anything like that, I just have to ask you some questions about the incident that has been reported to me, okay?" Hopper reassures you over the top of his coffee mug before placing it, more carefully, on the desk. You nod your head. "I'll need to record this conversation also, I'm gonna hit play now, okay?" He adds.
"Sure, go ahead then I guess." You reply, trying your utmost to appear confident. Just tell the truth.

"Okay," Hopper sighs and opens the dreaded folder, he files through the papers for a moment before settling on one, holding it in his hands, his eyes scan it for a moment. "What can you tell me about the day of Friday March 3rd?"
"March 3rd, uhm," you do your best to replay the entire day in your mind, "I'd had a really long week of med school as well as volunteering, I needed to do some grocery shopping so I headed to the store around noon," Hopper scribbles down your words and you wonder why he bothers considering the red light on the tape recorder tells you that everything you say will be recorded anyway, but you push the thought out of your mind and get on with recounting the events of that day.