It's A Done Deal

Your head is thumping when you wake in the morning to the sound of your mom singing downstairs, clearly she doesn't know that you and Eddie are here and that you are severely hungover. You groan and roll over, squishing your body against Eddies. Today is a huge day for him, monumental even, so he needs to be fully present and not feeling like his head is going to explode all day. You peel yourself from your bed and check the time, it's only 8am so you've still got a few hours before you need to leave. You slip your feet into some fluffy slippers by your bedroom door and sneak out of the room without waking Eddie.

You rub your dry eyes as you slump down the stairs towards the kitchen it search for a hangover cure, you desperately need one this morning.
"Oh morning honey, I didn't know you were here. Everything okay?" Your mom asks when you shuffle passed her in the hall.
"Hungover." You groan, she laughs.
"Self inflicted then! Where's Ed?" Mom asks.
"Still sleeping, he is definitely going to be worse off than I am this morning." You giggle to yourself remembering how smashed Eddie was last night.

"Good night then?" She asks you when she joins you in the kitchen and begins pouring you a coffee.
"Incredible night mom, we actually had something to celebrate hence being out so late and getting so drunk." You tell her with a smile.
"Oh, why the celebration?" She quizzes you before sliding a mug of coffee across the counter into your awaiting hands, you take a big sip and let the hot liquid soothe your sore throat.
"I'll let Eddie tell you when he wakes." You tell her, unable to stop the smile spreading across your lips.

Your mom pauses what she's doing and turns to face you, eyes wide and mouth agape.
"They did it? That fancy man that was there to watch them last night, he liked them?" She asks excitedly. You don't want to be the one to tell her Eddie's news, so you just give her an obvious smug smile and shrug.
"Speak to him when he wakes, that's all I'm saying." You giggle and sip your coffee again.
"I might just go wake him right now!" Your mom laughs.
"No please don't, he needs as much sleep as he can get, we need to be somewhere by 12." You tell her.
"Okay, little miss cryptic." She laughs.

Eventually, you brave it and manage to eat some breakfast, swallow some pain medication for your head and wash it all down with gallons of water. It does the job you were hoping it would and you start to feel a lot fresher.
"Dad, can you give us a ride to get Eddie's van from The Red Door when he wakes?" You ask him on your way passed the lounge, you lean against the doorframe.
"Sure, let me know when you guys are ready." He tells you without lifting his eyes from the paper he is reading.
"I'm going to wake him now, wish me luck." You laugh as you head up the stairs towards your bedroom.

When you enter your bedroom again Eddie is still sleeping soundly, so soundly in fact, that he is drooling onto your pillow, you manage to stifle your laughter. The clock on your bedside table tells you it is only 9am, so you still have a little bit of time before needing to wake him and he needs all the rest he can get, hopefully he won't wake up feeling too hungover. You decide to take yourself for a shower and prepare for the day. You wash your hair and body, do your skincare and brush your teeth in the family bathroom before making your way back into your bedroom again to make a start on your makeup while your hair dries naturally, you sit at your desk in a white fluffy robe with nothing underneath.

It's almost 10am now and Eddie needs to get up so you guys aren't late, you need to pick up the van, come back to Hawkins and pick up the guys before making your way to Nova Records which is about a half hour away. You sneak over to his side of the bed and crouch down, you nudge his shoulder slightly with your hand but he doesn't move an inch.
"Eddie," you say softly, "time to get up, sleepy head." You nudge him again, rougher this time. "Edddddie," you sing, "wakey wakey, rise and shine." You giggle as he groans but refuses to open his eyes. You shove your pointer finger up his nose and he wakes startled, batting your hand away.
"What the fuck Y/N, why you always gotta wake me stupidly." He complains.
"Well, you don't budge otherwise!" You giggle, rising to your feet again at the side of the bed, he hugs the pillow tightly and stares up at you.