Alice?

It's been three weeks with no Eddie. The longest three weeks of your life. Those on the outside might laugh and think you're being over dramatic, but when you spend almost every minute of your day with your soulmate and then suddenly they're gone, it's like a piece of yourself is missing. Sure, you've been kept plenty busy with starting med school, there's a lot to take in and a stack of new textbooks to keep your brain occupied, but in the quiet moments, he's all you think about.

He calls you every single night, as promised. You tell him everything you learned that day, what you had for dinner, what you, Chrissy and Amy have planned for a girls night, what Steve and Robin are bickering about this week, just the usual stuff. He tells you about the studio, the writing process of some new songs as well as the recording of the songs he and the band have already written, it's all takeouts and beers for the band as they barely have a minute between studio time and playing gigs somewhere new almost every night.

If you're not in class you're studying, if you're not studying you're volunteering at the hospital with Jenny and if you're not at the hospital with Jenny then you're hanging out with Chrissy and Amy. You've become quite the trio since the boys left. You all keep each other entertained and your minds occupied. Of course, Amy and Jeff are only a recent item so perhaps it won't have hit her quite as hard as it's certainly hit you. And sure Chrissy is missing Gareth a lot too, but not the way that you're missing Eddie. You live and breath him, you miss him like a hole in the head; like a hole in your heart.

"Three weeks is three weeks too long without seeing your sweet smile," Eddie says over the phone, you lay in your bed with the cord wrapped around your fingers and the receiver shoved against your ear.
"Three weeks too long without seeing your goofy smile." You reply.
"Heyyy, my smile is not goofy!" Eddie exclaims, you giggle in response.
"I'm kidding, I miss your handsome face and your frizzy hair." You tell him.

"Christ, you wanna see how frizzy it is now that I've not got your fancy ass shampoo and conditioner to use, motel 2 in 1 shampoo and shower gel just isn't cutting it for me." Eddie laughs. You can just picture him now, his brown waves all frizzy like static.
"Oh Eddie Munson, complaining about the shampoo quality just isn't very metal of you." You snigger through the phone.
"Yeah well, gotta keep the hair looking good, it's my brand y'know, my signature look." He tells you.
"Well get yourself down to the store and buy some good quality hair care." You giggle.

"Eddie man, hurry up we gotta be in stage in 5!" You hear Gareth shouting, followed by some background noise which you can only assume is coming from the gig goers that await Corroded Coffin taking the stage.
"Ah fuck, baby I gotta go, I've got to be on stage in 5." Eddie sighs.
"I heard him, tell the boys I said hi." You say.
"I will, I miss you and I love you, alright?" Eddie's voice says and it sends a pang of pain straight to your heart and a tear to your eye.
"I love you so much, good luck tonight, can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow." You tell him.
"G'night, my girl." Eddie says.
"Good night, Ed." You reply before hanging up the phone and pressing your fingers into your eyes to try and halt the tears before they begin, because when it rains; it pours.

It's a Saturday afternoon, you'd usually be on a date with Eddie or laid under the sheets with him in bed before getting ready for a gig at The Red Door, but times have changed. Now you sit on the counter by the bags of popcorn at The Family Video store, your feet dangling off the side as you listen to Robin and Steve bickering about who has to clean the customer toilets tonight.
"Steve, I literally do it all the goddamn time! Take a turn dude!" She yells at him.
"You're such a drama queen," he replies with his hands on his hips, "I literally did them like....three nights ago!" He throws his hands in the air in frustration.