The Earle Hotel

You twist the key in the ignition and turn off the engine as you stare at the front entrance of Eddie's home away from home, The Earle Hotel. It's a huge building, very modern, extremely fancy looking from what you can see of the exterior and it is in a great part of the city. Nova Records really didn't shy away from splashing the cash on accommodation for the guys this time.

It's quite a daunting thought walking into this hotel alone, you're not sure how you'll be received at reception with your fishnet tights, black denim mini skirt and cropped band tee, you suppose you're not their typical clientele. Then you remind yourself that Eddie, Jeff and Gareth are currently staying here, so you assume the staff are used to seeing your likes by now.

You grab your duffel bag from the passenger seat and push the drivers door open, stepping your doc marten boot onto the concrete surface of the parking lot, you swing the bag onto your shoulder before slamming the car door closed, locking it. You pull at the hem of your skirt, desperately trying to make it appear longer as you steadily make your way up the grand front steps towards the entrance of the hotel. You clear your throat and tuck your loose hair behind your ears before entering through the revolving door.

The lobby is vast and grand, the floors are marble with great big pillars seemingly holding up the roof, there's velvet sofas paired with polished tables, men in suits sit and relax there with their morning papers, coffees poured in little delicate china cups gripped in their hands. You realise you've probably paused at the front entrance for a moment too long, wide eyed and gawking at the sheer luxury of it all, you've never seen anything like and you feel completely out of place already.

"Can I help you ma'am?" A voice calls from the receptionists desk, you turn heel and slowly make your way towards the neatly dressed woman with her hair tied up in a slick bun and her perfectly painted red lips. You drop your bag to the floor by your feet and rest your hands upon the glass topped desk.

"Ehm," you clear your throat and fiddle with your hair again, "yes, I'm looking for Eddie Munsons room, he's here with Nova Records. I think you should be expecting me, he said he would let you know I was coming." You tell her. She nods once and starts clacking her manicured fingers against the keyboard of her computer, staring at the screen.
"Ah, yes of course. Are you just visiting or are you here for the night?" She asks without removing her eyes from the screen, her fingers still tapping away.

"Um, I'm" you stutter, "I'm here for the night." You tell her as you tug at your skirts length once more, you can feel the eyes of the suited and booted man who is now standing beside you roaming your fishnet covered legs. You glance once at him, letting him know you can clearly see him checking you out, but he doesn't bother to avert his gaze, you scoff and roll your eyes, he's at least double your age. What is it with these Wall Street type of men? Monsters, the lot of them, you think to yourself.

The receptionist hands you a keycard and points towards the sweeping marble staircase,
"It's room 302, third floor, stairs are right there or the elevators are just to the left if you'd prefer." She smiles kindly, "let me know if you need anything during your stay Miss..." she hesitates.
"Y/L/N." You tell her as you grab the key, ready to get away from the prying eyes of the suits that have seemingly never seen a young girl dressed like you before, you feel a bit like a zoo attraction right now.

You hastily make your way to the elevator with your bag in one hand and your key to Eddie's room in the other, you push the up button and the elevator dings as the doors open mechanically. You enter the lift and hit the button for floor three, you're thankful when the doors slowly close again and you've got a brief moment to yourself as the elevator climbs the building.

Almost the entirety of the walls in here are covered in mirror so you don't have much choice but to look at yourself, you use the reflection to fix your appearance. You ruffle your fingers through your hair to give it some bounce, you use your pinky to fix some smudged eyeliner under your eye and you smack your lips blend together what remains of your lip gloss.