{Eddie POV}

( A/N - the beginning of this chapter will be vaguely inspired by the song Something In The Orange - Zach Bryan so listen along to that for the first part if you'd like to be in your feels with Eds❤️ ) 6.5k words

Previously that day...

Me and the boys got finished up in the studio early today, I can't fucking believe how close we are to releasing our debut album. Who'd have thought even just a year ago that Corroded Coffin would be where we are at today, it's truly unbelievable, a total mind fuck. Warren has given us a rare day off tomorrow to rest, and straight away I knew I wanted to spend the day with Y/N if she'd allow me, I couldn't think of a better way to spend it than with her.

So ultimately I was fucking heartbroken when she said no to me suggesting I drive to Hawkins tomorrow and take her to the movies or something. It also stings that she was probably ignoring my calls yesterday and the day before that too, which is fine, I get it, she wants her space I'm tryna give it to her. But part of me did think she would wanna see me tomorrow too, guess I was wrong.

I understand why she doesn't wanna see me just yet and I know it's my own stupid fault, but I miss her to death. I miss her sweet voice at the end of a long day, I miss her recalling everything she learned in class, I miss hearing what she cooked the gang for dinner, I miss listening to her god awful snoring when she'd fall asleep with the phone still clutched against her ear. It's eating me up from the inside and driving me totally fucking crazy to miss her like this.

I blow out a huge exasperated sigh and roll over on top of the bedsheets, crumpling them underneath my weight, as I reach into the top drawer of the bedside table, fumbling blindly until I get my hands on what I'm searching for and tug it out and place it onto my chest. I thumb through the first few pages of our earliest memories and mementos, all glued down thoughtfully by Y/N for my Christmas gift. Little did she know how much I'd cherish this book and flip the pages of it every time I find myself missing her, which is a lot of times a day, especially now.

I can't help the tears that spill, I don't even bother to try and stop them as they roll down my cheeks and dampen the pages. This girl has turned me completely soft and gooey at my core, and I'm not mad about it. The first few pages are all pictures of us as kids; feeding the ducks at the pond with Uncle Wayne, swinging golf clubs dangerously with Y/Ns dad that one time he took us to the driving range, flying way too high in the air on the swing set in her back garden, sleeping together in a pile of Lego in her lounge, eating pancakes at her breakfast table with chocolate milkshake moustaches.

Then we begin to get older as the book progresses through the years. There are some photos she'd taken of me driving the van in the summer sun with her pink, love heart framed sunglasses on. I laugh to myself as I wipe my tear stained cheek with the back of my hand. I can remember the exact day this was taken and every little detail of the time I spent with her driving around aimlessly, not long after I got my drivers license. Music blaring so loudly we couldn't even hear one another speak, but we didn't even have to talk to enjoy each others company, it's just always been so easy with her.

There's a big gap in time in the photos of course from the months we spent apart regrettably, but we only came back from that stronger, thankfully. Next up is some pictures taken at the lunch table of Hawkins High, of Y/N in her old cheer uniform with her hair tied neatly in a green bow, sitting on the edge of my lap as I grin like a Cheshire Cat in my Hellfire club tee, hands wrapped around her waist, carefully.